Did you mean: 

Movies in July 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's movie discussion time again! Before we get on to this months cinematic offerings did anyone manage to catch anything from last months discussion

First up in July is Spiderman: Far from Home which I caught in the cinema last week. The story follows Peter Parker on a summer trip across Europe and his struggle with balancing his secret identify with his love life. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.57.21.png

Quentin Tarantino's new flim, Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood looks interesting and covers the final years of Hollywood's Golden Age in 1969 Los Angeles. 

Next is Stuber, a comedy based around a detective with vision problems teaming up with his Uber driver to tackle crime. Not the usual film I'd go for but it stars Dave Bautista who's really impressed me recently so I'll be giving this one a look. 

The new verion of The Lion King could be interesting and a new action movie called Point Blank staring  Anthony Mackie and Frank Grillo looks good! 

What movies have you recently seen and would you recommend them to the community? Are you looking forward to anything coming out this month? Let us know down below. smiling 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

I presume Point Blank is a remake of the movie starring Lee Marvin in the late sixties? Or maybe the french film also named Point Blank about ten years ago? Anyway, it's one I would like to see. Yet to catch up on Spiderman but my son saw it in Berlin last week and enthused about it.

Message 2 of 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Spiderman Far From Home is one that particularly I interests me @Martin-O2. Am a Spiderman fan.

I've seen trailers of Stuber and the stars of the film appeared on Ellen DeGeneres talking about the film. The premise sounds funny and the trailers I've seen make it a possible watch.

Am also a fan of Quentin Tarantino and What's Upon a Time in Hollywood is a definite must see, both as a Taratino film and the subject matter. Could be very interesting.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

I would be interested in Point Blank and Spiderman @Martin-O2 , though will probably wait till they come out on DVD...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I enjoyed the latest Spider-Man film, very entertaining, and great special effects as you’d expect from Marvel nowadays. 

Midsommar was a surprisingly good film, not a horror film in the usual sense, but it had its moments that’s for sure. 

Message 5 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I enjoyed the latest Spider-Man film, very entertaining, and great special effects as you’d expect from Marvel nowadays. 

Midsommar was a surprisingly good film, not a horror film in the usual sense, but it had its moments that’s for sure. 

I heard good things about Midsommar as well. Although they really exaggerate the Nordic element of the village and people apparently, but maybe that was intentional too, to highlight the style and atmosphere? grin I hope I get some time arranged to go see this one, as well as the new Spider-Man. 

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Midsommar was a bit surreal, and there were a few moments that made me smile. It was written and directed by Ari Aster, who also directed Hereditary (I haven’t seen that film, but it’s also got a lot of good reviews).

Message 7 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
Spiderman was good (mentioned in the MCU thread elsewhere).
Not sure if I am going to see anything else this month.
The trailer for the Fast & Furious spin-off, Hobbs & Shaw, looked really good (out next month).
Have also liked (read, been scared by) trailers for Itsy Bitsy which is also out in August.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie According to the Wikipedia page Point Blank is a remake of the 2010 French version. Have you seen it?

I'd definitely recommend Spiderman @Glory1. It's a solid Marvel movie and I really like how they're developing the character. 

I'm hoping to catch What's Upon a Time in Hollywood at the cinema over the next few weeks so I'll let you know what I think. wink

@Cleoriff  Point Blank will be on Netflix so you won't have to wait too long for that one! 

Thanks for the recommendation @Anonymous! Midsommar looks really interesting! 

The Fast and Furious movies are a lot of fun @gmarkj although I have no idea which order they should be watched in! joy 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 15

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions
Message 10 of 15