Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 547

Re: Movies in January - 2019!J

I've recorded that @Cleoriff so it's on the play list this week. 

@Cleoriff wrote:

I watched Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit on Sunday....(loosely based on Tom Clanceys novel. )

For fans of Daniel Craig and Bond, Mission Impossible, etc...it made for a good watch. Unbelievable at times but I enjoyed it.. It was made in 2014.

Topics: 77

Re: Movies in January - 2019!

As well as movies, there's also the Oscar nominations...
The Freddie Mercury film leading the way with nominations, alongside......Black panther..

Tbh not sure why black panther got so many nominations, I mean it's a great film, but no more so than the amazing Infinity War, which picked up a lowly one nomination for visual effects, or any other marvel film over the last ten years, all without recognition.
In fact I'm definitely more shocked that Infinity War didn't get more nominations, like genuinely puzzled
#ThanosDidNothingWrong

Topics: 686

[ Edited ]

@viridis wrote:
As well as movies, there's also the Oscar nominations...
The Freddie Mercury film leading the way with nominations, alongside......Black panther..

Tbh not sure why black panther got so many nominations, I mean it's a great film, but no more so than the amazing Infinity War, which picked up a lowly one nomination for visual effects, or any other marvel film over the last ten years, all without recognition.
In fact I'm definitely more shocked that Infinity War didn't get more nominations, like genuinely puzzled
#ThanosDidNothingWrong

Another couple of well nominated films are the The Favourite with Olivia Coleman and Vice with Christian Bale.

I couldn't believe the transformation of Bale.... who had to gain 3 stones to play Dick Cheney!

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 77

AHH yes, I saw that advertised, I might have to take a look at that one

Community Manager

Thanks @gmarkj I'll keep an eye out for that one! 

Full Oscars nominations list here. Some great picks on the list. smiling I'm also surprised that Infinity War didn't get more nominations though. 

I really want to see Vice too @Cleoriff. Christian Bale's physical transformations are always incredible! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

[ Edited ]

I'm with you and @viridis, @Martin-O2 I loved Infinity War. But to answer @viridis' question about why Black Panther got so many nominations I think it was more to do with it being a Marvel film with a mainly all black cast that did so well, rather than the film itself, which I also loved, by the way

I'm also interested in Vice, it sounds interesting and I like political films, if done well..

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Highlighted
Topics: 686

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Thanks @gmarkj I'll keep an eye out for that one! 

Full Oscars nominations list here. Some great picks on the list. smiling I'm also surprised that Infinity War didn't get more nominations though. 

I really want to see Vice too @Cleoriff. Christian Bale's physical transformations are always incredible! 

Looking at that list @Martin-O2 I see The Favourite and Roma have the most nominations. (10 each in total)

Followed by Vice and A Star is Born with 8 each...

*The Game Is On*