Did you mean: 

Movies in January - 2019!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

We have a great year of cinema coming up so lets keep the monthly movie discussions going! We had a Christmas special in December but did anyone catch anything recent at the cinema? I wanted to see Aquaman but just didn't have the time to go. unamused

This January there are some interesting movies coming out. I'm hoping to catch Glass, the long awaited follow up to the Unbreakable and Split films. It's looks a bit silly but fun at the same time. laughing

Escape Room is a thriller style take on the popular escape room activities which looks promising.

Over on Netflix Polar is coming out this week, staring Mads Mikkelsen as a retired assassin trying to stay away from his old job. 

Do you have any cinima plans for January or have you caught any decent movies recently? Let us know below! 

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 17.10.09.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll just come out of retirement, to say that I thoroughly enjoyed "The Favourite"  slight_smile

Message 2 of 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I would like to see Polar with Mads Mikkelsen @Martin-O2 as I'm a big fan of both him and his brother Lars. They're fantastic actors whether in English or their native Danish. 

They're not bad to look at either joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 17

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Escape room is like saw from what I understand
Message 4 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I've just had a look at The Favourite @Anonymous, it got some fantastic review scores! I'll have to add that to my watch list. 

Agreed @Glory1 they're both great. Polar looks like it doen't take itself too seriously and should be a fun action movie. 

Nice @liggerz87! I really enjoyed the SAW movies so looking forward to Escape Room. smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I love thrillers, so I will wait and see what people say about them before I watch them...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Looking forward to Glass (although I need to watch Split first, and probably Unbreakable again).
Not sure about Polar - need to find a trailer for that.
Escape Room sounds good.
Replicas looked interesting, but one I am looking forward to is out next month - Alita: Battle Angel.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Me too @Cleoriff thrillers are up there as one of my favourite genres! 

Split is really good @gmarkj. James McAvoy nails all the performances. I'd forgotten all about Replicas. When does that one come out? 

Alita: Battle Angel looks amazing! Can't wait for that one. 

signature

Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I watched Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit on Sunday....(loosely based on Tom Clanceys novel. )

For fans of Daniel Craig and Bond, Mission Impossible, etc...it made for a good watch. Unbelievable at times but I enjoyed it.. It was made in 2014.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yeah Splits on the list...
According to Wiki it was out on 11th Jan, but that is the US date. No mention of a UK one...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 17