Did you mean: 

Movies in August

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Continuing our monthly movie discussion I've listed some of the films I'm interested in seeing this month. Did anyone get around to seeing any of the movies we talked about in last months thread? If so what did you think?  

One film i caught last month which I would recommend is A Prayer Before Dawn. It's based on a true story and is a really well made movie. 

Moving on to August we have The Equalizer 2. I enjoyed the first one so will definitely be checking this out! 

For horror fans there is a Slender Man movie out which looks like a lot of fun. 

Thriller wise a movie called Searching looks like it could be good and another movie called Nancy is also worth a look! 

What are you looking forward to this month and do you have any recommendations for the cinema in August? smiling

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 10.10.05.png 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie Nice! I'm not sure if I'm going to see the new one at the cinema or wait for the Blu-Ray but looking forward to it either way. smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 12 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Well we mucked that right up last night!
Thought we were going to watch The Meg at 8pm.
First issue was that The Meg was on at 8:30. MI Fallout is on at 8.
Mate picks me up and we get to the cinema just after 7:30. Now have to wait 30 minutes before film starts.
Check with chap behind ticket counter - has Antman actually started or is it adverts still. Not started.
So we ended up watching Antman and the Wasp.

Semi spoiler in the review (not plot related):

More info

Good film, perhaps not as good as the first and definitely not up to some other recent Marvel films.
Would I fork out £20+ to watch it? Probably not, but I had a voucher to use so we saw it.
Disappointed with the mid and end credit scenes too. Not what I had hoped for but guessing Marvel are keeping cards close to their chest ahead of Captain Marvel.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj Doah! I was looking forward to hearing about The Meg! laughing

I've yet to see Ant Man and the Wasp. It's the only Marvel film I need to tick off the list. cool 

It's crazy expensive to go to the cinema these days. Luckily my local one has no issue with you bringing your own drinks as its about £3.50 for a bottle of water there!

signature

Message 14 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Yeah we took our own sweets and drinks.
Will probably go see The Meg at some point, just like MI Fallout and The Equalizer 2 as got a few vouchers still.
I think Antman is one of those that you need to watch so you understand what will happen later (in film terms) as it sets up other bits.
One line in particular is key but I won't say it here because **spoilers**.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 wrote:

One film i caught last month which I would recommend is A Prayer Before Dawn. It's based on a true story and is a really well made movie. 

After watching the trailer, that does look like the kind of film that I’d enjoy. But it doesn’t seem to be showing in any of the major cinema chains. Perhaps it didn’t do very well, and only had a limited run. 

@Martin-O2 Are you based in or near London? I’m guessing that there may be more opportunities in the capital to see independent films. 

Message 16 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj Nice! I'm definitely going to catch all those movies at some point. 

I really enjoyed the first Ant Man so hoping the second lives up to it. 

@Anonymous Yes based near London so we get a lot more choice when it comes to smaller releases. I'd highly recommend you catch A Prayer Before Dawn when it's out on Blu-Ray. It was a really deep story and the production was fantastic! 

signature

Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2

Looking forward to the second Equalizer but think I'll probably wait until it pops up on Sky Store or Amazon Video.

Events have conspired against me going to see Mission Impossible Fallout but hopefully a lot of these will come out on the above services on or around the Christmas holiday so I can engage in a bit of a movie binge.

Message 18 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sounds good @Anonymous! I'm quite happy to wait for most things to come out on streaming services these days. Unless it's something I'm absolutely gagging to see! 

signature

Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to see BlacKkKlansman the other night. It’s already being talked up as being a contender for an Oscar, with some reviewers referring to it as a return to form for Spike Lee. The storyline seems incredibly far-fetched, but it’s actually based on a true story. 

https://youtu.be/0vWHEuhEuno

I think it’s the first time that I’ve witnessed a cinema audience giving a round of applause as the credits were rolling Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 21