Did you mean: 

Movies in April - 2019!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

April is here and we have another great month of movies coming up! Before we move on to April's films did anyone catch a movie in March that you would recommend to the community? We covered quite a few in last months discussion. wink

Lets start with the big one, Avengers: End Game is out at the end of April! The 22nd film in the Marvel cinematic universe, this film will bring the current Marvel saga to an end and kick off the beginning of the next phase of super hero movies. I've already got my tickets booked! laughing

Sticking with the comic book theme the next film over at the DC universe is Shazam. This more light hearted take on the genre sees a young kid acquire the powers of a god. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 15.24.50.png

Things get dark again for our next movie, Hell Boy comes out mid April. This reboot of the previous 2 films of the same name will stick closer to the comic book origins of the character and promises lots of action comedy and demons! 

If Horror is more your thing then the remake of Pet Sematary is right up your street! This horror story follows a young family who discover a mysterious burial ground in the woods near their new home that holds a dark secret. 

Also our this month is another film in the successful Ip Man franchise, Master Z: Ip Man Legacy. If martial arts movies are your thing then this is not one to miss! 

Quite a big month for movie fans! What are you interested in watching this month? Let us know your movie plans below. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption are two of my favourite films @gmarkj  and I hadn't forgotten they were based on Stephen Kings books wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff  I've seen the original too. I really enjoyed the movie so I'm interested to see what they do with the remake. 

The remakes do seem to be coming thick and fast these days @Anonymous. I think the studios have to make a movie within a certain time frame or they lose the rights which is why we see so many. 

I still need to see Aquaman  so glad it's out on Blu-Ray now! 

I think the original 2 Hell Boy films are brilliant @Glory1 ! I loved the depth of the world Guillermo Del Toro created for the films and Ron Perlman was great as Hell Boy. I'm hoping the new version is good too. I'm interested to see what David Harbour does with the character. 

I prefer if I read the book version of something first as I then form my own idea of the characters but doing it that way can leave the movie version feeling a bit shallow. 

I've already got my ticket for End Game @gmarkj ! Seriously looking forward to it. Really want to see Shazam too. It looks great. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 12