Did you mean: 

Monday Motivation

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning everyone!

Mondays tend to have a bad rep and the mere thought of it makes some people feel a little down ...

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 11.16.56.png

But Mondays aren't all so bad! All we need is a little motivation, and a lot of coffee (or tea) slight smile 

... So what helps you guys cope with Mondays? Let's share some Monday motivation and beat the Monday blues together!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's always the same with every interview....you walk out and think 'Damn, I should have told them about this that or the other'

The positive things are these..

You made the short list

You were offered an interview

(Probably many others who didn't get that far.) So you are obviously the type of person they want.

You are more likely to get a call today, which means you will have another decision to make ie Shall I accept it or not?.

Either way @gmarkj, fingers crossed and I hope it all goes to plan wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 41

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Got cramp in my fingers from being crossed . Best of luck, think positive! yahoo

Message 32 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Glory1 - thank you. Normally I am not that bad, but I kept turning it over in my head on the way home and couldn't stop second guessing what I said. 

@Cleoriff - all very true, and similar to what my OH and others have said this morning.

@jonsie - don't lose all feeling as you might drop your drink!

Well, I had a missed call from the HR lady earlier (walked away from my desk) and by the time I got back it had gone to voicemail which said I have some "good feedback". Immediately I think that means I did well but wasn't successful.

I call her back to find out and she asks me how I think it went (and give the same reply as earlier). She replies that the two people in the interview were very impressed at how I came across, with my knowledge and experience and what I would be able to bring to the role.

All the while I am thinking, sounds great, where is the but that I can feel coming...

Except there isn't one. Her next sentence was that they would like to offer me the job and goes into a headline of the package.

So I am currently sat here having to type and retype this as my hands are shaking!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh well done you. Brilliant news @gmarkj So pleased for you .:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 41

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's amazing news, congratulations@gmarkj!!

Mexican Wave

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 35 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

@Glory1 - thank you. Normally I am not that bad, but I kept turning it over in my head on the way home and couldn't stop second guessing what I said. 

@Cleoriff - all very true, and similar to what my OH and others have said this morning.

@jonsie - don't lose all feeling as you might drop your drink!

Well, I had a missed call from the HR lady earlier (walked away from my desk) and by the time I got back it had gone to voicemail which said I have some "good feedback". Immediately I think that means I did well but wasn't successful.

I call her back to find out and she asks me how I think it went (and give the same reply as earlier). She replies that the two people in the interview were very impressed at how I came across, with my knowledge and experience and what I would be able to bring to the role.

All the while I am thinking, sounds great, where is the but that I can feel coming...

Except there isn't one. Her next sentence was that they would like to offer me the job and goes into a headline of the package.

So I am currently sat here having to type and retype this as my hands are shaking!

Told you didn't I. Just had that positive vibe. So, many congratulations and very well done. I am so happy to be right and very happy for you BouncyHappy Dance

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 36 of 41

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well done mate and thank the lord Bouncy

I'm at the doctors trying to get my fingers unlocked......

Message 37 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Well done mate and thank the lord Bouncy

I'm at the doctors trying to get my fingers unlocked......

joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 41

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Now comes that period of giving in your notice and the days of worrying and wondering if you are doing the right thing......Fear

Message 39 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Oh dear @jonsie, don't get him started 🤔
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 40 of 41