Did you mean: 

Monday Motivation

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning everyone!

Mondays tend to have a bad rep and the mere thought of it makes some people feel a little down ...

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 11.16.56.png

But Mondays aren't all so bad! All we need is a little motivation, and a lot of coffee (or tea) slight smile 

... So what helps you guys cope with Mondays? Let's share some Monday motivation and beat the Monday blues together!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
While I am not in a job i dislike (actually I really like it) I don't like the (minimum) 45 minute drive each way.
So I have applied for (and passed 1st interview stage) a job with a different company.
Why is this a big decision? Because I will have finished 15 years service with the same company at start of August...

Congratulations on taking this big step @gmarkj smiling Is it something similar or a brand new adventure? May your Mondays (and all other days) soon be much better thanks to a reduced commuting time!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Thank you @EmilieT.
Similar to what I do now just for a different company.
Depending on which site I will be on, my commute in miles and time will be less than half what it is now.
So a little change to what I am used to!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
While I am not in a job i dislike (actually I really like it) I don't like the (minimum) 45 minute drive each way.
So I have applied for (and passed 1st interview stage) a job with a different company.
Why is this a big decision? Because I will have finished 15 years service with the same company at start of August...

Wow, well done to you @gmarkj Best of luck with the rest of the interview process four_leaf_clover

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 41

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

Wow, well done to you @gmarkj Best of luck with the rest of the interview process four_leaf_clover

Yes good luck @gmarkj it's a big step and a new challenge after 15 years. Sometimes you have to make changes and I hope all goes well in your job application.

Message 24 of 41

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Thanks @Cleoriff and @jonsie.
The big worry is that loss of length of service. Should anything happen to me at the moment I have some security in the knowledge that there would be a reasonable size compensation, but if I change jobs there wouldn't be anything.
But that is making some very large assumptions (I get offered and take the job) so for now I can just be happy that I can still get through an interview!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 25 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Just read your possibly good news and wish you the best of luck in getting the new job @gmarkj.

An hour and a half a day spent in your car must be a real downer. So I can well understand you're wanting to reduce that. Here's hoping you get the chance to do so.

As for your loss of length of service compensation, I'm sure you'll make the right decision if (when) you're offered the new job. Again, good luck 🤞
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 26 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

May I wish you Good Luck @gmarkj ... I'm happily retired - the last proper job I had I walked to work (15 minutes) = a plus even in the middle of Winter when it was just light 

Message 27 of 41

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Same here @Anonymous and my walk to and from work, 10 minutes. Even in bad weather it was a plus.

Message 28 of 41

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
So.
The interview was yesterday. At the time it seemed to go very well, but as usual the doubts set in on the drive home - did I answer this as well as I could, I forgot to mention this or that, etc.
Yesterday my feeling was that I did ok.
This morning I am less confident, and if I had to gamble on it then I am going to get a no thank you response later today/tomorrow.
Hey ho and on we go...

Message 29 of 41

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So it should be a nice surprise when they offer you the job @gmarkj 😊

I'm like you was confident directly after the interview but became less so as the day progressed.

Anyway will keep my fingers crossed you get it. Best of luck🤞

Message 30 of 41