cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile & Full Version of 02 Community Forums on my phone question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys and Gals,

I usually scan thro the boards in mobile format.

Occasionally I revert to the full mode when I want to reply using a quote from a members thread or add an noticed etc.

Recently in full mode I'm unable to see the usual 'quote' button option !

Can another iphone user take a look at their page on your phone to see if this is the same for you ?

Mi5 be nice...   slight_smile

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Stuart,

I've just looked into it and Lithium is still investigating. It's a cosmetic issue, so I can imagine it might take some time.

However, I'll get a notification once the status changes, so as soon as there's more info, I'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers,
Leonard
Message 41 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers for that,
Message 42 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

We had a couple of answers during the last two weeks, but it took a bit longer because I wanted to get you the full details. Here's Lithium's explanation on it:

"The quote button appear if the Rich Text Editor (RTE) is available on the page because the quote function requires rich text.

Devices that get the mobile view never get the RTE (it's not supported on mobile OSes), so they will not get the quote button.

It is possible to switch to desktop view from mobile view on a mobile device, so you'd think the RTE would appear if you did this. However, since the RTE is not supported on mobile OSes, it's suppressed even on desktop view when viewed on a mobile device.

There was a time when desktop view on a mobile device was exactly the same view you'd see on a desktop device -- including the RTE -- but since the RTE misbehaved on mobile devices even under desktop view, it was (and is) suppressed"

So, it doesn't fix it, but I hope it at least explains it well for all of you.

Cheers,
Leonard
Message 43 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, at least now we know what it was
Message 44 of 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That would be a great answer if correct, as I can get the quote button on the S3 in desktop view - Must be Samsung's superior browser slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 50

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I've just done some reading into this. There's numerous ways around this rich text editor.

Safari broke it in v1.4 and created a workaround in v2 then broke it again (suprise apple knaffed up software upgrades:O)

There's quite a few freeware alternatives that don't have to be installed client side only on server. I call lithiums cop out!
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 46 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im rapidly losing faith in the full version on my phone.

Message 47 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

lithium at it again

Message 48 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup.
Message 49 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lithium, anovo, live chat, the list grows lol