Did you mean: 

Millionaire's shortbread or Caramel squares

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35794 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

img_2191.jpg

One of my favourite sweet treats is the humble caramel square, or Millionaire's Shortbread - one of the best-tasting, if a little pricey, ones is that sold in Costa Coffee shops in the UK, pictured above. 

There are others, some equally tasty, others perhaps a little heavy on the sugar, or light on the biscuit base, or stingy on the chocolate...

If you're into this particular sweet treat, where have you had a remarkably tasty one? Drool

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

pgn
  • 35794 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Brioche hot-dog rolls are something best avoided as well 😛
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Yes I've had bacon butties made specially for me by hospital as they don't normally give them to patients any more. Must be because they love me 🙄

My friends bring me two crispy bacon barms every Friday or Saturday complete with hp sauce. The nurses always put the bacon off the barms into the oven then put them back together. Bliss 😃

chuffed for you @jonsie yahoo

Message 12 of 15

pgn
  • 35794 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I agree @pgn 🤗

.... but it's a barm! 😉

Was in Liverpool last weekend, @jonsie - yes, it's a barm there, never knew that before.

I'll be in Glasgow next weekend - there it'll be a buttie again, I'll bet! drool

Message 13 of 15

pgn
  • 35794 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

The self-serve coffee "Barista" service in the local Spar here also offers a fairly decent chunk of Caramel Shortbread, for 99p, as I found out recently.  Will get a pic of it next time I try one.

Message 14 of 15

pgn
  • 35794 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
I found a passable Caramel Shortbread in packs of 4 at Greggs in Buchanan Gallery in Glasgow last weekend - a touch sweeter caramel than I like, but tasty at 4 for less than 3 quid.
Message 15 of 15