Did you mean: 

Men's & Women's FA Cup Final 2022 ⚽🏆

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

LCFC 1400.jpeg

Chelsea will battle it out against Liverpool to decide who will lift the famous trophy.

The two will face off on Saturday 14 May at 16:45! Chelsea will be hoping to make their season somewhat successful by adding some silverware to the cabinet. Liverpool, however, is still on with a chance to achieve that elusive quadruple 👀.

The game will be shown on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and ITV. 

women's fa cup final.jpeg

The Vitality Women’s FA Cup Final returns to Wembley Stadium on Sunday 15 May!

For the very first time, the Emirates FA Cup and Vitality Women’s FA Cup will play on the same weekend. Chelsea (EAST) will take on Manchester City (WEST) in front of an electric crowd at Wembley.

The kick-off for the women's game will be 14:30, UK time. The final will be shown live on BBC One and iPlayer.

Chelsea are the current holders of the FA Cup, after they beat Arsenal 3-0 last year in front of 40,942 fans. They have just defended their WSL title on the final day of the season, but City has had a great finish to their own season, just securing a Champions League spot.

Who will be tuning in? Comment below! Like football? Subscribe to our football topic 🏆

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`ll be watching both.

No prizes for guessing who I`ll be supporting for the men`s FA Cup - LIVERPOOL. It`s not going to be easy for us. If we win, it`ll be the first time we`ve lifted the FA Cup under Klopp but we know that Chelsea want revenge for us beating them to win the League Cup earlier in the season [as I`m sure @J9el will agree].

As to the women`s FA Cup, I so want Chelsea to win. Although I love Ellen White [Man City] as a Lioness [England], my loyalty to Liverpool says that anything and anybody who thrashes Man City is good in my book.    

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 11

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo it's crazy to think that after achieving so much with Liverpool, Klopp still haven't won the FA Cup. I agree with you, it's not going to be an easy match but that applies to Chelsea too 😆
High hope that this is going to be a great game to watch!

Same applies to the women's final, great players on both sides, but I understand your inclination towards Chelsea on this one due to the Manchester x Liverpool rivalry. 

Message 3 of 11

J9el
Level 9: Fired up
  • 961 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hahaha @Mi-Amigo I do agree! 🤣🤣

Message 4 of 11

J9el
  • 961 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ll hopefully be watching both too @RafaC and obviously will be cheering on Chelsea in both finals 🔵

After losing the last two FA cup finals I am hoping it’s third time lucky for us! I am expecting it to be a great game between two great sides. However it would good to even up the score with Liverpool after they beat us in the Carabao Cup earlier in the season. May the best team win @Mi-Amigo!!

On the Sunday, I’m confident that Chelsea will win. Emma Hayes and the team have been fantastic this season. Winning the double would be the icing on the cake.

Anyway enjoy the football anyone who is watching it. 

Message 5 of 11

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm going for Chelsea on Saturday. Mainly as they are a better cup team than Liverpool and Liverpool have been looking a little tired over the last few games especially on Tuesday night against Villa. Saying that, its the FA Cup so it could all change in minutes.

Message 6 of 11

J9el
  • 961 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Aggghhhh penalties again! I think we (Chelsea) have to practise them more 🤣. Not a classic cup final, but well done LIverpool (he says through gritted teeth) 🤣 

Message 7 of 11

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @J9el. As you said, it wasn`t a classic FA Cup final but I think it was tough with both sides having chances. As to the penalities, Chelsea have some cold comfort in having saved the penalty by Mane, one of the best players in the world.

The look on Klopp`s face when Liverpool won was priceless and well deserved.

Of course, I`m over the moon we won and Liverpool are still in with a slim chance of pulling off the quad.

I sincerely hope Chelsea beat Man City in the Women`s FA Cup this afternoon.  

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 11

J9el
  • 961 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well done Chelsea ladies 🔵️. Fantastic performance today and congratulations - what a team 🏆

Proud both the Chelsea women and men’s teams both played in FA Cup finals this weekend!

Message 9 of 11

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well done Chelsea ladies. Brilliant game and a stunning goal by Erin Cuthbert.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 11