cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May day/Worker's day: What's your best and worst job ever?

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As its International Worker's day/ Labour day/ May day, we thought we'd ask everyone about their heavenly or hellish jobs slight_smile

My best job is of course this one ;), but my worst was cleaning football viewing stands. Very boring!

How about you all? What are the best and worst jobs you've ever had?

quick-fix-movie-to-watch-office-space-image.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Bolting wheels on cars coming down the production line at a rate of about 100 a day - you would not believe how boring and mind numbing that job was !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

screwing pockets on snooker tables......absolute hell

Message 3 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As a nurse I honestly cant tell you my worst job...it would put you off your weekend Horrified LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 30

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My current one: Internship in an (inner medicine) emergency room. Means: cleaning up one room after another, multiple times a day and none of the nurses helps, because they're too busy drinking coffee. -.-

Good one: Being the assistent of a company chief - doing powerpoint presentations, driving the company cars to the garage and get a very good wage. *sigh I miss that one..

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 5 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ComaChameleon wrote:
 cleaning up one room after another, multiple times a day and none of the nurses helps, because they're too busy drinking coffee. -.-

Whoa there @ComaChameleon..... not sure what hospital you work at....Nowhere near mine ...as my nurses have no time for a break ....let alone drink coffee all day LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 30

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I just knew you'd have something to say about that comment wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I just knew you'd have something to say about that comment wink

Of course...couldn't let it go unchallenged Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 30

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I have had many jobs and I don't think I've had a bad one, the best one was when I joined the cruise ships as a cabin steward.

I got to see a lot of the world and was getting paid for it, when we worked we worked very hard but the time off ashore in great places made it all worthwhile.

Every day was like a party on the ship and in places like Barbados and Acapulco and dozens of others.

Ahh memories.....LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 30

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@ComaChameleon wrote:
 cleaning up one room after another, multiple times a day and none of the nurses helps, because they're too busy drinking coffee. -.-

Whoa there @ComaChameleon..... not sure what hospital you work at....Nowhere near mine ...as my nurses have no time for a break ....let alone drink coffee all day LOL

A german one. They're so busy having breaks, that there's no time for work Zipped

Ray of hope: 2 days left, after I have to go back to the intensive care unit ^^

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 10 of 30