Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Shooting in Thailand

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

News broke earlier about a soldier going on a killing spree in my adopted Thailand with at least 20 dead, scores injured and hostages taken.

At this precise time it is described as ongoing and it is not known how many are left in the mall.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/02/killed-wounded-thailand-mass-shooting-200208122332771.html

Thai security forces enter the shopping centre as they chase an attacker after a mass shooting [Athit Perawongmetha/Reuters]

https://news.sky.com/story/thailand-shooting-police-storm-shopping-centre-after-gunman-kills-20-in-r...

A Thai soldier who has killed at least 20 people in a shooting spree is still at large after an officer died in a raid on the shopping centre where he is holed up.

Police stormed the Terminal 21 mall in the northwestern city of Nakhon Ratchasima - also known as Korat - after securing the area.

No other details were given and it is thought that gunman Sgt Jakrapanth Thomma remains holed up.

Further gunfire and explosions have been heard from inside the mall.

The number of dead now stands at 21, including the security officer, while at least 33 people have been injured.

Thai authorities do not believe there are any more bodies inside the mall.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Terrible news @jonsie. I see that after a 16 hour standoff the gunman has been killed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51431690

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So it actually started at the military camp where he was based when he killed his commanding officer and the C.O's mother in law.!

Apparently to do with a grudge about a property deal.

Terrible news and not something seen before in Thailand.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Latest reports say 26 dead and 52 injured. Thankfully over but life will never be the same for so many people.

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Latest reports say 26 dead and 52 injured. Thankfully over but life will never be the same for so many people.

No it won't be the same @jonsie and this added to the coronavirus, will have a terrible effect on Tourism.

Tragic.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Terrible news. My heart goes out to the friends and relatives of the victims.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 6