• 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Watching that video, let's get this right from Trumps perspective.

If the people in the Synagogue were carrying guns, there wouldn't have been as many deaths.

Failing that, they could have had an armed guard inside the Synagogue with them

Words fail me, they really do Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

So another mass shooting in my country with at least 10 dead.

I am horrified it happened at a synagogue; as a Jew the last place I expect to see a gun.

And the fool Trump, though denouncing the violence and hate, then goes on to say it might not have happened if the synagogue employed armed guards. Quite apart from there being more dead bodies had there been armed guards present, why should any house of worship employ armed guards. That sort of defeats the message they're trying to send, does it not!?

The man is a moron who again speaks without engaging brain. He clearly doesn't understand why people go to a church, mosque or synagogue. To pray and/or receive spiritual guidance not to participate in 'gunfight at the OK corral'.

This is what Trump has done to my country, God help us all. The sooner he is removed from office the better for America and the rest of the free world.  

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Not only that @Glory1 He suggested some of the people attending the naming ceremony should have carried guns!!

When I listen to his rhetoric, where he is so careful to never mention guns should be banned he makes me ill.

He made sure he said a few of the right things...

'A terrible massacre and the perpetrator deserved the death penalty'.....but washed all that away by stating openly if MORE people had carried guns into THIS PLACE OF WORSHIP then the death toll would have been less.

He is a lunatic of the highest order and the sooner he is gone the better for us all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 19

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I just cannot listen to that man anymore. How does he manage to stay in office, he is a danger to everyone.

Message 15 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Not only that @Glory1 He suggested some of the people attending the naming ceremony should have carried guns!!

When I listen to his rhetoric, where he is so careful to never mention guns should be banned he makes me ill.

'A terrible massacre and the perpetrator deserved the death penalty'.....but washed all that away by stating openly if MORE people had carried guns into THIS PLACE OF WORSHIP then the death toll would have been less.

He is a lunatic of the highest order and the sooner he is gone the better for us all.

Couldn't agree more. He doesn't seem to understand that if even one person had entered the synagogue with a gun the death toll would have been even greater, with the person who brought the gun one of the dead. 

I hate guns, I always have. And in the hands of anyone other than trained law enforcement, they are lethal.

Trump will never ever say guns should be banned or pass stricter laws on gun ownership. The NRA and their lunatic followers helped put him in the White House. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. I wonder what he'd say if it was his daughter or one of his sons that had been shot and killed. It's easy to spout rhetoric when it's someone else's family destroyed by some nut with a gun.

It is far too easy, in America, for racists or people with a grudge against the world to buy guns and ammunition and it's been that way for as long as I can remember. And no Congress or President of either party has stood up and said enough, we need to change the laws on who can own a gun and apply stricter checks on the people applying for a gun permit. Or if they have said it, as they did after JFK was assassinated, do anything constructive to put the words into actions.

This man was apparently a known rabid anti-Semite. Why was he allowed to own a gun?

The NRA and their supporters will say you have the right to own a gun to protect yourself. From whom do you need protection? The general public are more likely to shoot themselves or another family member than any possible intruder. And there have been enough stories in the news about just such a scenario happening. Or a child somehow getting hold of Daddy's gun and shooting his best friend, by accident.

I truly despair at my gun loving fellow Americans. Guns are dangerous and in the wrong hands, which they often are, they kill.

Editrd for spelling

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Couldn't agree more. He doesn't seem to understand that if even one person had entered the synagogue with a gun the death toll would have been even greater, with the person who brought the gun one of the dead. 

I hate guns, I always have. And in the hands of anyone other than trained law enforcement, they are lethal.

Trump will never ever say guns should be banned or pass stricter laws on gun ownership. The NRA and their lunatic followers helped put him in the White House. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. I wonder what he'd say if it was his daughter or one of his sons that had been shot and killed. It's easy to spout rhetoric when it's someone else's family destroyed by some nut with a gun.

It is far too easy, in America, for racists or people with a grudge against the world to buy guns and ammunition and it's been that way for as long as I can remember. And no Congress or President of either party has stood up and said enough, we need to change the laws on who can own a gun and apply stricter checks on the people applying for a gun permit. Or if they have said it, as they did after JFK was assassinated, do anything constructive to put the words into actions.

This man was apparently a known rabid anti-Semite. Why was he allowed to own a gun?

The NRA and their supporters will say you have the right to own a gun to protect yourself. From whom do you need protection? The general public are more likely to shoot themselves or another family member than any possible intruder. And there have been enough stories in the news about just such a scenario happening. Or a child somehow getting hold of Daddy's gun and shooting his best friend, by accident.

I truly despair at my gun loving fellow Americans. Guns are dangerous and in the wrong hands, which they often are, they kill.

Editrd for spelling

Well Said @Glory1

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Horrific news.

Trump was of course supported by the all powerful NRA despite the rhetoric about not being under the influence of powerful interests.

Those in favour of liberal gun laws seem to conveniently discard the bit in the Second Amendment about a well regulated militia.

I can perhaps understand the need for people to keep a Taser in their home to subdue an intruder but I fail to get my head around how it can be legal for any civilian to legally purchase a handgun or an assault rifle.

Message 18 of 19

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Obviously Trump's mouth and brain aren't engaged as there are far more contentious issues over gun law and ownership that has to be resolved by the elected politicians who over the years, won't vote for it. 

Yet in reality, he's not on the wrong track as its been going on for a number of years that places of worship have had to increase security in some form, whether that be the CCTV or the more extreme measures in some places.  There's likely some background lobbying over the concern over the years that doesn't get reported or its become an accepted part of everyday life. Whilst it seems a shock to the secular world that its been suggested by Tangoman, its (security) a serious topic in religious organisations. I suspect there are a number of places in the US that have congregations "conceal carry" and it wouldn't surprise me if some places were designed in a way to prevent vehicle impact like miitary bases do. 

Anyway, couple of links: https://forward.com/scribe/357380/seriously-whats-with-all-the-high-security-synagogues/, https://cst.org.uk/securityhttps://www.pri.org/stories/20**Personal info**/frances-jews-are-thankful-armed-guards-outside-their... to prove the point its been a concern for a number of years just in the Jewish community alone. 

Message 19 of 19