Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 128
Blog Posts: 1

Re: Mars InSight Mission

I have the ISS app....or one of them anyway. You can view live streams of stuff like this as it happens.

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Anonymous

I thought she said Bruce Banner is here.. :-/

Oh, she did
Anonymous

Probes into the planet..

A la Deep Impact .. doh
Topics: 128
Blog Posts: 1

I sometimes wonder if it's a waste of money to research these other planets. Then I think on our earth we destroy trees to make money and then charge people to use to screw up the planet. So on even balance neither one is a waste.

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Anonymous

I'm sure it won't be long before we colonize and destroy another planet. Gladly I won't be alive to see it.
Topics: 688

Anonymous

Well at least I don't have to stay up to watch the end now
Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

@jonsie wrote:

Apparently it's supposed to take a landscape photo when it touches down which takes 30 minutes to reach mission control so around 8pm we/they should see the photo. We are told that less than 50% of landings are successful. Fingers crossed then.....

Well, the caption on the photo on BBC website (link further down this thread) clearly states "Within minutes, InSight had returned its first image from Elysium Planitia"... scream

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.
Topics: 688

From the BBC website (which has changed now from the breaking news I posted earlier)

First picture

My first initial thought? God what's that hand ? joy

Actually they have just announced the lens cover was still partially on when that picture was beamed back.

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 548

@Cleoriff wrote:

From the BBC website (which has changed now from the breaking news I posted earlier)

First picture

My first initial thought? God what's that hand ? joy

Actually they have just announced the lens cover was still partially on when that picture was beamed back.

That's a good view!