Did you mean: 

Marjo on holiday from 22nd May

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning guys,

Just a heads up that I will be on holiday for a week starting from tomorrow (22nd May). I'll be back on Thursday 30 May. @Martin-O2 and @EmilieT will be here as normal in case you want to get in touch with us about anything. I'll get to my messages when back. slight_smile

This is what I'm planning on doing but just instead of the beach it will be my living room, and noisy workmen in the background. 

Image of a woman reading a book on a beach

Any advice for what to do on a holiday where pretty much each day (apart from the weekend I hope) will be spent indoors, is much appreciated. laughing I have workmen coming to build me a new kitchen and I need to supervise so my cats don't mess things up, get in the way or get hurt, or the workmen don't accidentally let them out of the flat as they are indoor cats. 🐈

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Make lots of cups of tea for the workmen... Strong, sweet tea! tongue_winking

Message 11 of 29

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Have a great week off @Marjo. Read those books you bought but haven't had the chance to read. Stream Netflix, Prime, Sky if you have it, play your video games, and what about mobile games or have you got rid

Keep an eye on the workmen, see they ckean up their mess before they leave.

Most importantly forget about work for a week Smiley Very Happy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Marjo

Just think of how your new kitchen will look

One of my cats got under the floorboards when central heating was being installed ... we all had to be quiet & entice her out with treats 

Message 14 of 29

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone! 

My flat is still a mess and full of renovation dust but the kitchen is starting to look like a real room again. grin

Some plumbing and painting is still left to do and the electronics need to be put back in. The cats have been fine, if a bit scared of the strange workmen coming in and out and using loud machines. Cat Surprised Cat Surprised

@Anonymous Yes! It's starting to look so much nicer than before. I'm excited to start using it when it's fully done, and maybe start doing some proper cooking too. slight_smile They'll put a new oven in too.

I have a mental image of your cat exploring under the floorboards. grin I haven't had much problems with my cats as they've mostly just been scared to enter the kitchen when the workmen are present. I do have to keep an eye out when the workmen come in and out so they don't leave the door open for my cats to escape (as they are indoor cats).

@jonsie Thanks slight_smile I did relax too, just not so much during the day with all the noise, but did get some gaming done which was great. sweat_smile 

@Glory1 I do still play mobile games - mostly only one though, the Fairway Solitaire. I played it a lot and also World of Warcraft on PC. slight_smile

@pgn They apparently don't drink tea but strong black coffee went very well in the mornings. grin

Edited to replace plumming with plumbing lol

Message 15 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased to see you back @Marjo (Even more pleased that Drake and Arthur remained safe) Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 29

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

The cats exploring the kitchen changes. Here's a pile of cupboards that were waiting to be fitted - it was very interesting for Arthur and Drake once the scary workmen left for the day. grin

Cats exploring kitchen cupboards Cats exploring kitchen cupboards, another angle

Message 17 of 29

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome back @Marjo 

Good to know the cats are fine and thank you for sharing pics of them. They really are cute Cat

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 18 of 29

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Your cats are gorgeous @Marjo; who's who?

I'm especially partial to black cats and yours is so beautiful. 

Glad to hear, you'll have a brand, spanking new kitchen. Bet you can't wait.

And glad to have you back. Now that @EmilieT is away it needs another strong female to keep @Martin-O2 in line. I notice you and Emilie are never away at the same time, leaving Martin to his own devices. Saying no more than that, though I'm sure you'd both say it isn't fair to leave him on his own winkLOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 19 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Beautiful pics of the cats @Marjo . I know they are different breeds but do they have similar personalities?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 29