Did you mean: 

Marjo on holiday from 22nd May

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning guys,

Just a heads up that I will be on holiday for a week starting from tomorrow (22nd May). I'll be back on Thursday 30 May. @Martin-O2 and @EmilieT will be here as normal in case you want to get in touch with us about anything. I'll get to my messages when back. slight_smile

This is what I'm planning on doing but just instead of the beach it will be my living room, and noisy workmen in the background. 

Image of a woman reading a book on a beach

Any advice for what to do on a holiday where pretty much each day (apart from the weekend I hope) will be spent indoors, is much appreciated. laughing I have workmen coming to build me a new kitchen and I need to supervise so my cats don't mess things up, get in the way or get hurt, or the workmen don't accidentally let them out of the flat as they are indoor cats. 🐈

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Books, Netflix (other streaming services are available), online shopping, board games (although bored games may be appropriate), video games, meditation, exercise.
That's about all I can think of for now...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Enjoy slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 29

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Marjo  Hope you can get as much fun in as possible!

When it is all over you will be really Happy and have a new kitchen toogrin

Look forward to your return Lots of best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have a great week off @Marjo 

Re your cats, I would put them in the bedroom with litter trays, toys, food and the door closed. They are bound to be frightened with the workment there so I wouldn't risk them running off. I can't suggest anything to do other than read or use your PC....If you are anything like me, you will want to keep an eye on those workmen anyway....joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 29

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Yes @Cleoriff  I agree but @Marjo  there will probably be lots of cups of tea needed too!

So no doubt you will be fully occupied.  Good advice from cleo absolutely keep them well

out of the way.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 29

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hope you have a good break and a chance to relax and enjoy time off, if that`s going to be possible.

Good advice from @Cleoriff and I`m sure the cats will be fine, with you there.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 29

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Yeah @Cleoriff  I was considering locking them in the bedroom with "all amenities". However Arthur would try scratch his way out with disasterous consequences and howl like mad. So my plan is to put the food in the bedroom, keep a close eye on Arthur (Drake will be cowering in the bedroom anyway while the workmen are in the kitchen), let him out of the bedroom if he wants so he doesn't cause a complete chaos in there, but follow closely and redirect if he starts wondering off towards the kitchen. Let's see if this works. nerd I'll also let the workmen know to keep an eye out. Apparently the supervisor has a cat and understands my concerns which is good news!

@gmarkj Oh yes, I do have some books that I bought ages ago but haven't had a chance to read yet. Perfect opportunity! 👍 Board games would probably be bored games if I play them by myself... joy Video games = definitely! Exercise sounds fantastic however might be awkward to do in front of the workmen. Smiley LOL

@TallTrees Yes! Cups of coffee in the morning and I normally have 1 cup of tea before bed, usually Earl Grey with honey and a bit of milk. Oh perhaps the workmen would enjoy some tea too. I'll offer. yahoo

Cheers @MI5 , @Mi-Amigo ! I'll enjoy my time off probably mostly when the loudest part of the work has been completed. I'm not too familiar with how it's done but I'm assuming the loudest part is at the beginning when they detach all the existing cupboards and flooring etc. Looking forward to when it's finished - I have 0 motivation for cooking in the old one so hoping this will help with that a lot! Might be asking for some good meal recipe suggestions soon... smile

Message 8 of 29

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Marjo 

Usually the work-men will need about a gallon of tea!

By the way ~ I expect you have thought of how to get water

during the day keeping a place for the kettle etc. 

Perhaps you may need bottle water ~ because they may need

to turn the main supply off while they fit the kitchen?

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 29

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Hi @Marjo 

Usually the work-men will need about a gallon of tea!

By the way ~ I expect you have thought of how to get water

during the day keeping a place for the kettle etc. 

Perhaps you may need bottle water ~ because they may need

to turn the main supply off while they fit the kitchen?

Honestly, no - all I was thinking about was the cats, and that I'll need to do a big load of laundry in case the machine is out of use for the next 2 weeks. tongue I suppose I can keep the kettle on the coffee table in my living room. Some water bottles is a great idea. Emptying all my stuff from the kitchen before the work starts would probably help too. sweat_smile 

Message 10 of 29