Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Topics: 572

Major data breach at Ticketmaster

Customers who have bought tickets through Ticketmaster since February have been warned to check suspicious activity on their bank accounts and credit cards.

UK customers of Ticketmaster have been warned they could be at risk of fraud or identity theft after the global ticketing group revealed a major data breach that has affected tens of thousands of people.

http://bit.ly/2KrYUMM

There is a dedicated website, security.ticketmaster.co.uk, and customers can also email fan.help@ticketmaster.co.uk.

Highlighted
Topics: 729

Re: Major data breach at Ticketmaster

Thanks for this info @jonsie. I must let my son know. He bought tickets to see the Stones at the Ricoh arena and not sure which site he used.

That's a long time for it to go undetected. Feb-June FGS.

Just a thought...Priority use Ticketmaster, so it could affect many O2 customers as well. rage

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 572

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks for this info @jonsie. I must let my son know. He bought tickets to see the Stones at the Ricoh arena and not sure which site he used.

That's a long time for it to go undetected. Feb-June FGS.

Just a thought...Priority use Ticketmaster, so it could affect many O2 customers as well. rage

Yes I wasn't sure whether to post this in other apps but I'm sure @Martin-O2 or the other admin will move it if they think necessary.

Apparently they have known about this since April.

Highlighted

I think it's important enough for our Admin to ensure the Priority team are informed.

This may be the one time Priority customers could be lucky they failed to get tickets!!

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

And so it goes on. I wonder where the next data breach will be. This is bad news for anyone using Ticketmaster in the last few months.

And they've known about it since April and we're nearly in July. Very, very bad.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Highlighted
Community Manager

We understand Ticketmaster has notified all customers who may have been affected by the recent data security incident via email. Please check your email, and see security.ticketmaster.co.uk  for more information.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted

Thanks for that info @Martin-O2

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Level 66: Unequalled

Highlighted
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

Absolutely unbelievable @Bambino. For a start I'd love to know how this 'small' company got all this information on so many people. Really have to be so careful what information you give out in surveys etc as you never know how much is passed on and who to; whatever assurances they may give.

Quite frightening really.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Highlighted
Anonymous

And the affected third party system was operated by an AI driven customer service company.

AI bot heal thyself, NOT