Did you mean: 

Love Week - Places

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Love Week.png

Morning All. And a happy Valentine's.❤️.

Romantic places.  There are many lists of the most romantic places in the world. Most of these lists are pretty similar. Most contain the same hyperbole.

I have been to some of these popular locations and to be honest none felt particularly romantic to me.

So, what makes a spot romantic? Below is a few pictures not on most "lists" , but that I have personally seen guys and girls get down on one knee. 

mkcompress36.jpg

Edcastlecompress95.jpg

Gretnacompress43.jpg

Of course, for a lot of people it's not just romance. A specific place can hold very dear memories. Friends, family. Love.Time.

As someone who quite early on realised the importance of the above, I have many places that I LOVE.

What are yours and why? Are they romantic or just special?Photos if you have them please.

Here is my favourite place , both romantic and not.

Homecompress86.jpg

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

unnamed
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Out of interest, where is the 2nd photo taken @BOSSGOGG?
The first is at Disney Florida (I think) and the 3rd is Gretna Green.
The last one looks like a lovely beach. Local to you by any chance?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 14

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi @gmarkj.

Yes, correct with those pictures. The 2nd one is the Ross fountain under Edinburgh Castle. Historically a romantic spot.
Yes, that's a local beach. As well as being "romantic" to us, my kids have grown up playing on it.
unnamed
Message 3 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Ah.
Thanks for letting me know.
Beautiful beach and looks like it would be great for building sand castles!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A lovely idea for a thread @BOSSGOGG . Beautiful pictures.

My favourite place is Spain. We bought an apartment in Benalmadena on the Costa Del Sol in 1986 and we loved it. A sun worshipper it was the idea place for us. It had views of the Mediterranean from every window...so always something to sit on your balcony to watch'

It became a family bolthole and somewhere we went every year. My grandson spent every holiday out there with us, until he was 17 (We didn't always go to Spain, on a few occasions we went to Florida and loved that but Spain was our second home.)

Met some great people, English and Spanish and made a lot of friends.

When we retired, I used to travel there 6-8 times a year. Mainly alone as my husband 'found bowls' as a hobby and preferred to stay in the UK...

Then circumstances changed and we had to sell it 3 years ago. Still think about it and still miss it. heart_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What a lovely brilliant idea for the Valentine Day`s thread.

Some beautiful photos @BOSSGOGG . As a great lover of the sea, I love your beach picture.

One of my former girlfriends was from Scotland so the photos of that part of the world brought back many happy and memories of that love. Sincere thanks @BOSSGOGG 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 14

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Lovely pictures @BOSSGOGG thanks for posting! The beach photo is beautiful! heart_eyes I've been to some beautiful, calm lakes in the summer in Finland and have some great memories from there (not romantic ones but good times with family and mostly friends). slight_smile I don't have any pictures though.

Message 7 of 14

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Absolutely stunning and beautiful @BOSSGOGG 

Thank you for posting them

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 14

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi there @BOSSGOGG 

Love :   Beer, Devon

BEER.jpg

and Bigbury Devon

have lovely lovely memories 

Bigbury Devon.jpg

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Great photos @BOSSGOGG 

The most romantic place for me was Amsterdam where we spent a week on Honeymoon in 1970 and we returned there a few times, staying at the same hotel where the lady who owned it always gave a bunch of flowers to my wife on Valentines day and a bottle of wine to share

Sadly, when she died we started going elsewhere and possibly the next most romantic place for us was Bali where we spent wo weeks one February in the early noughties.

Bali 2009 138.JPG

23455302064_f8e2432fb2_b.jpg

Message 10 of 14