Love Week - Family

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Love Week

Afternoon all.

When most think of Valentine's, they are thinking of the standard descriptions of  girlfriend/boyfriend, wife/husband, partner/significant other.

The alternative view is more generally of those that we love, and in this instance I mean family.

So, how do you express your love for your family?

By caring for them - cooking meals, tidying up, asking them how their day went or looking after them.

By buying things for them - be that a nice meal, a present, a card or some flowers.

By spending time with them - either a holiday or a short trip, an activity such as bowling or the cinema, a walk round a local park or doing something together at home.

By making them something - a keepsake like some jewelry or ornament, some poetry or a song (if you are talented that way) or some art.

You could even give them the gift of time -by doing some jobs that they would normally do, like some housework or the shopping, or by telling them to have a soak in the bath or go and do something that they like doing but don’t always have time.

That’s my list.

How do you celebrate Valentine’s with your family?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Thanks @Mi-Amigo
I loved going to the beach with my parents.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 11 of 13

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I like the idea of simple, relaxing and thoughtful things to do for family and loved ones, such as cooking a nice meal (or treat them to a restaurant), and then doing the dishes etc. afterwards so they don't have to bother with any of that and just enjoy. slight_smile

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a lovely thread @gmarkj family mean a lot to me heart

I have a small family and sorry I won't be with them tomorrow, but I shall be thinking of my son and daughter-in-law

Alex usually presents Emma with some flowers bouquet

Message 13 of 13