cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London startup F (x) tec launches smartphone with slide out keyboard

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2019/09/06/ifa-2019-london-startup-fxtec-unveils-key-board-sliding-sm...

Haven't we been here before?

Time to crank up the Shirley Bassey/Propellerheads track 'History repeating'?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Except this one is actually pretty decent.....
The slide feels great, the UI is slick, and seems to have the guts to do any modern tasks with ease.
Yeah it's not the fastest CPU, but I doubt any consumers use the 855 or even 845 to full potential.
For social media addicts, this thing is pretty much a great option in the age of £1000+ phones.
I hope they do well as they seem really decent and passionate about their product.
Message 2 of 18

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Does look cool
Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I actually like it. Without keep droning on about age, I manage far better with a proper keyboard.

I have never been able to reach the giddy heights of knocking out info on a smartphone using two hands. I watch my grandson with mouth agape when he multitasks with both hands on his phone!

Watching F1 with him last weekend and he had one eye on the race whilst knocking out an email to his boss regarding a project he was working on.

I just couldn't believe the speed of it all Jaw-dropping

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
@Cleoriff Have you ever tried Swype or SlideIt? You only need one finger. The Google keyboard does the same. I've never been good at typing and I find it invaluable. I used it to write this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:
@CleoriffHave you ever tried Swype or SlideIt? You only need one finger. The Google keyboard does the same. I've never been good at typing and I find it invaluable. I used it to write this.

No I haven't @Bambino . I will have a look later. Thanks for the heads up wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

jonsie
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:
@CleoriffHave you ever tried Swype or SlideIt? You only need one finger. The Google keyboard does the same. I've never been good at typing and I find it invaluable. I used it to write this.

But keep an eye on auto correct, it's been known to make people out to be illiterate 😜

Message 7 of 18

Bambino
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

But keep an eye on auto correct, it's been known to make people out to be illiterate 😜

Ordinary typing with predictive text does the same for some @jonsie. Too many people hit send without reading what they've written first.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 18

jonsie
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Ordinary typing with predictive text does the same for some @jonsie. Too many people hit send without reading what they've written first.:smileywink:

Guilty as charged m'lud 😂🍺🍻

Message 9 of 18

Bambino
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

I knew you'd get my (not so subtle) observation @jonsie LOL

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 18