Did you mean: 

Loki discussion thread

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Another great day for Marvel fans with Loki hitting Disney+ today! The show follows everyone's favourite MCU villain, Loki who following the events of End Game finds himself at the mercy of the mysterious Time Variance Authority (TVA), a bureaucratic organization that exists outside of time and space and monitors the timeline. They want Loki's help to help fix the timeline he was responsible for breaking. 

I'll be watching the first episode later tonight and will share my thoughts on it tomorrow. Don't forget to use spoiler tags when discussing any plot details to avoid spoilers for those who are not watching as they come out. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I really do want to watch this but I am a bit afraid I won't be able to catch up with not seeing the other Marvel films. Can I watch this without or do I need the full back story? Because then I have got something to do over the weekend for sure sweat_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 2 of 25

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

On my Twitter feed at 7am this morn...

Screenshot_20210609-074515.png

Message 3 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@TheresaV I think some knowledge of the previous films/shows would help but we'll have to wait and see how self contained Loki is. 

It went live at 8am @pgn so no wonder they pushed out that tweet so early! 

signature

Message 4 of 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Yeah I've gone through the first 20/30 minutes.
So far reasonably well contained - some reference to other films/history but shows it at the time.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 25

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Ok good to know @gmarkj @Martin-O2, maybe I will have a look at some of the others before or do a bit of reading nerd

signature

Message 6 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Looks like our Loki Time is tomorrow night, when younger Daughter is out with one of her friends.
We never made it past about the 4th episode of the Falcon and the Winter Soldier - but with WandaVision, well, we were riveted....
I shall refrain from watching this thread until Friday 😉

Message 8 of 25

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm of the opinion its another milking of the MCU cash cow so expectations are low neutral But I'll give it a go as it may turn out to be good looking at the trailer above. Thursday night it is then.

Message 9 of 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

Finished the first episode.

Some thoughts - some general, others more plot specific...

Tom Hiddleston showing us great range as Loki again.

Intriguing set up for the rest of the series.

I do wonder if this will play into the Dr Strange film or not, and how.

More info
Rather nice little twist right at the end - won't say exactly what, but will make things interesting!
The way they did a mini "catch up" by using Loki's main time line to show critical points to drive his turn from villian to "hero" was really good. Means those who haven't watched everything should still understand what is going on.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 25