Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock down.

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Who thinks that the government will put another lock down down? As some people have told me that they think that they will put another lock down down and some other people say that they think that the government won't put another lock down down they will just delay the 21st of June.
LGreenwood
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25024 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My personal thoughts are the government will not lift the final restriction on June 21 but extend it by four weeks - so Boris and Hancock can claim the government is following data not date. But if cases of Delta [india variant] continue to increase and results in hospitalsation increasing be prepared for another lockdown. Just my thoughts and gut feeling - not backed by any official statement.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The thing to watch now is hospitilisations, not cases.
Lockdowns were put in to slow the spread of the virus because of how severely most had symptoms and the impact that had on the NHS.
Since the vaccination program has reach a larger portion of the country while you can still catch Coronavirus the effects are much reduced and so the number of people being admitted to hospital is much lower (or so the published numbers show).
So long as that remains, I think we can be optimistic that even if we are not "released" on 21st June we should not go into another lockdown.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3