Did you mean: 

Liverpool & Manchester

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

Anyone from Liverpool or Manchester? Or have spent some time in these cities and know some places to visit?

Thought I'd ask for some tips on what to do and where to go, as I have just booked a couple of days in each for an upcoming holiday with a friend. slight_smile

We're staying in city centre area and would be walking around a lot... I hope it's going to be sunny! sun 

I'd love to hear suggestions on restaurants, cafes, any places of interest in general that we could visit! I've never been to either city before, so going to be my first time. slight_smile

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Wow so many suggestions, thanks a lot guys. I now want a steak or Italian food for breakfast having read this first thing @MI5... grin

I'll definitely want to visit the Albert Dock and the ferry ride sounds interesting @Cleoriff! Submarine sounds scary though, I'll skip that. anguished

@jonsie Yeah it's only one or two days that I'll stay in Manchester. I don't want to rush about in a hurry though. I want to relax and see what places I can without stress. I'll return later if I feel I didn't see enough. slight_smile Football tour? I'd need to be dragged. LOL Cheers for the tip for metro tram pass and a scenic walk along the canal definitely sounds like my thing! And my friend would enjoy Chinatown I'm sure. slight_smile

Message 11 of 15

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I recently visited Liverpool for the first time (aprt from going to anfield for football in past).  The Cavern Club is a must.  Absolutely loved it.  Great atmosphere, great music.  Liverpool as a city is fab

Thanks

Steve
Message 12 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

I recently visited Liverpool for the first time (aprt from going to anfield for football in past).  The Cavern Club is a must.  Absolutely loved it.  Great atmosphere, great music.  Liverpool as a city is fab

Thanks for the tip! I read it's open during the evenings but daytime too - what time did you go @welshsteve76? slight_smile

Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Marjowrote:

@welshsteve76wrote:

Thanks for the tip! I read it's open during the evenings but daytime too - what time did you go @welshsteve76? slight_smile

All in the link I gave you re Matthew Street I would imagine @Marjo

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Cavern Club is open during the day @Marjo. The last time we were there we went in about 1pm...

It's very much a tourist attraction now but you can obviously buy drinks etc...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 15