cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life without t'internet, could you cope?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I could but what about you?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Nah....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

No ... the internet on my laptop is 'My Window On The World' ... particularly when I'm unwell & can't get out of the house 

Also, there are certain friends I only communicate with via Email

& where would I be without goods being ordered off the internet & delivered to my door? 

Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

For some people, the use of the internet becomes part of their lifestyle. Not through choice but due to circumstances out of their control.

I have a saying 'If it can't be bought online, it doesn't get bought'.

I can't imagine life without it.

As a retired nurse, how would I keep up to date with all the research and innovation currently taking place?

Google is one of my 'best friends'....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

For some people, the use of the internet becomes part of their lifestyle. Not through choice but due to circumstances out of their control.

I have a saying 'If it can't be bought online, it doesn't get bought'.

I can't imagine life without it.

As a retired nurse, how would I keep up to date with all the research and innovation currently taking place?

Google is one of my 'best friends'....wink

Yes @Cleoriff ... @Bambino taught me 'Google is your Friend' ... even though it took some time to register with me didn't it @Bambino ? wink

Message 5 of 15

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

No dont think i could internet is my friend when i am at home 

I dont have real life friends so rely on my friends on internet and cant live without playing Candy Crush .

Also need to download books onto my kindle grin

Yes and when my phone needs help i need you lot to help me wink

Message 6 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

For a while, yes, I can do without it.

However: in my day-to-day work, no, definitely - no access to the Internet would probably be the equivalent of professional suicide.  Sad, innit?confused

Message 7 of 15

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

For a couple of days but pgn says, no chance in my line of work either. Then again, the company insists on using Internet Explorer as the only browser you "should" have installed which is almost the same thing....

Message 8 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I always said life was so much simpler back in the day but to be honest, love it or loath it no one can really do without the internet now. There are innumerable benefits and keeping in touch with family on the other side of the world has never been simpler. Yes it has it's dark side but it's difficult to imagine any walk of life where the internet isn't now involved.

Message 9 of 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

No I couldn't live without the internet. 

All my shopping is done online; I keep in touch with my friends through email, Whatsapp and Skype; download all my games and books and stream TV and films. I use the internet 365 days of the year. I'd be lost without it.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 15