Lg g6 update

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Now supports AI in camera mode.
Logo changed to Lg g6 thinQ

Not sure what else has changed under the hood.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

AI in Camera mode sounds interesting, have you experienced it much so far? I'm not too familiar with how that works slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 9

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
It's essentially marketing for software determined lighting and focal conditions. Like any algorithm it uses predetermined data to evaluate the ideal settings.

AI is being promoted on newer handsets although I thought it was a nice freebie to give existing users. Although in my opinion the camera ever since the g4 has been unsurpassed on the LG. Maybe the g7 and v40 will being correcting that.

Message 3 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@anticpated

Sounds interesting, I'm not sure how useful I'd find it myself I quite like to tweak angles and lighting to get the best photo possible, but I can imagine it's good for some!

You were thinking of getting a new phone, right? If it ends up being the G7, maybe you can let us know what you think then slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 4 of 9

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Not sure when. I may also consider the 256gb version of iPhone 8 in red. If my imaginary bank account fails me then LG or Samsung will suffice.
Message 5 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:
Not sure when. I may also consider the 256gb version of iPhone 8 in red. If my imaginary bank account fails me then LG or Samsung will suffice.

I'm sure you'll keep us in the loop wink

signature

Message 6 of 9

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
You never know
Message 7 of 9

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Just for the record lg g6 thinq update only supports the qlens and some developer updates. It kind if makes sense as the snapdragon 821 chipset afaik doesn't support that feature.
Message 8 of 9

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
AI feature as such. Although I noticed it can find similar images based upon their content now direct from camera mode like Google photos does.
Message 9 of 9