Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's surprise Martin!

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Note: If you're reading this, Martin, please stop and go enjoy your holiday wink

Hi everyone, 

As most of you know by now, Martin is on holiday for the next two weeks. When he returns from his well-deserved time off, rested and relaxed, @Marjo and myself would like to welcome him back in the office in the most friendly fashion - and that's where we need your help Evil

Do you guys have any ideas of funny office pranks we could prepare to welcome him back? We're looking to do this mainly around his desk or his set of drawers, something creative/imaginative, doable for us, and most importantly fun Happy Dance

Thanks for your help in advance, and looking forward to your suggestions!

PS. If possible, we'll document the prank and share some photos as well, so you can follow the prep and execution!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Depends on how far you want to go with it.
You have the low risk - swap his mouse/keyboard cable to a different computer (or just detach them from his), change the orientation of the screen (not sure if this works across users), cover his workspace with post-it notes.
You have medium risk - remove all trace from his desk that it is his (any and all personal items), turn everything on his desk upside down, fill his workspace with balloons or pictures of something/someone he doesn't like (eg clowns), clingfilm or shrinkwrap everything on his desk.
Or high risk - put part filled cups on everything, grow some cress or grass in his keyboard, replace everything on his desk with a cardboard replica, stick an airhorn under his chair so it goes off when he sits down,.

Here's links to a couple of lists of ideas:
https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2011/05/13/17-office-desk-pranks/nggallery/image/ngg-image-3878/
https://blog.learningpeople.co.uk/top-10-office-pranks-to-perk-up-the-working-day
https://www.kitoutmyoffice.com/pages/top-10-office-pranks

Good luck and let us know what (if) you decide to do.
PS. My fav is on the last link - the fishtank drawer!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 35

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Those are great ideas @gmarkj. Thank god for you, I couldn't think of one Confused

Just a quick question @EmilieT.....is there any chance Martin may browse the forum during his holidays?

If so you better get rid of this thread....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 35

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I hope Martin is not reading this!! LOL Martin - if you ARE reading this, can you please stop reading this from this sentence onwards until you're back? laughing

@gmarkj I love the grass in the keyboard idea although it wouldn't work as we're using laptops. grin Well it would perhaps work but the boss would not appreciate it... sweat_smile

Post-it notes is an interesting idea though and quite easy to do... nerd I'll have a read through the rest of the links!

Message 4 of 35

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Two great minds @Marjo

See my post just above yours...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 35

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
We use laptops as well @Marjo, but most also use a normal size keyboard for ease.
I have had a couple of those pulled on me @Cleoriff, and enacted some on others as well. Nothing too extreme though.
Probably the "worst" was part filling someone's office with balloons. Which seems innocuous enough until you find out he is afraid of them (or rather, or them going bang)...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 35

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Two great minds @Marjo

See my post just above yours...joy

LOL

Maybe @EmilieT should add a note at the top saying if you're Martin, stop reading now.

Message 7 of 35

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I've edited the OP now @Cleoriff so hopefully we can discuss ideas and plans safely in this topic now LOL

@gmarkj There are so many great suggestions in the links you posted, thanks for the inspiration! Covering his desk in post-it notes is definitely doable ... someone also suggested we could cover his desk and everything on it in foil, or wrapping paper. It's the same concept but different variations joy

The balloons prank you pulled sound like a lot of work, how did it go down getting rid of all of those in the end?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 35

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
If you're gonna do it, do it right.
Everything in his work space, turn upside down..
Even to the point you power on his PC and set windows upside down.
Message 9 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Change his password
Message 10 of 35