cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's remember Farrokh Bulsara

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell us your favourite song, where you saw them live, your first memory of the band or even why you hate them!

Let us not commiserate, let's celebrate! champagne

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

My first real introduction to them was when my dad got the 'Live Magic' album for Christmas '86. I was never really into them but hearing that piano on Seven Seas of Rhye was an ear opener for the talent they had.

My favourite song : Too Much Love Will Kill You - The lyrics strike really close to home

Cheers FB

Message 2 of 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

My introduction to Queen and Freddy Mercury was Bohemian Rhapsody, my all-time favourite song of theirs. Running a close second, Freddy Mercury singing with Montserrat Caballa on Barcelona; brilliant.

Unfortunately, I never got to see them live with Freddy. Something I will always regret.

He was an amazing singer. I raise a glass to Freddy; thank you for the music 🍾🥂

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 11

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

As I've got older I now enjoy their music more today than back then. In some ways it feels today, that they are more popular than ever.

They never had to experience the "fall" that so many musicians experience. But the story of Queen is so sad pensive

Good topic thumbsup

Message 4 of 11

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

When i saw this thread i had no idea who Farrokh Bulsara was;

So i carried on reading and found out it was Freddie Mercury.

I have never liked Queen still dont .

That song Bohemian Rhapsody i got fed up hearing it when it was number one for what seemed years and still dont know why folk like it . Its awful .

Message 5 of 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
I like a lot of different types of music. F.Mercury B.Rhapsody, I enjoyed it very much found it stirring, singing along to it in the car whilst driving (probably out of tune😀) ok though, only I could hear it I think 😎 .....very good for stress levels too!
Happy TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Freddie Mercury. "Lover of Life, Singer of Songs"

No automatic alt text available.

The greatest rock showman on earth, bar none.

Liked Queen when they released their first song in 1973, Keep Yourself Alive.

I bought every single album they ever made. Have watched every concert they have ever performed.

We first saw them live in 1975 at the Coventry Theatre. They blew me away, They were so good I thought they were miming. Then they sang Bohemian Rhapsody to a theatre whose capacity was 1200. They brought the house down.

Favourite song? Too many to mention...

Bohemian Rhapsody, We will Rock You, It's a kind of Magic, These Are the days of our lives, Hammer to Fall, One Vision, Radio Gaga, Who wants to Live forever and many many more.

I was stunned at his performance of Barcelone with Montserrat Caballe

Live Aid and Queens perfomance brought them back into the public eye and they smashed the set. Voted by most people  as the best ever. Even outshone The Who

I can't tell you how heartbroken I was when he died. I still watch every concert recorded to this day.

I have seen We Will Rock You more times than I care to mention.

I guess you realise I was and always will be a fan. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm envious @Cleoriff I never got to see them! I'm not a fan, but just to sample the atmosphere would've been worth the cash.

@Poppysmum I agree, overplayed, the song is great, but Queen have produced far better songs which are often overlooked.

27 years ago today.. I remember exactly where I was too.. practicing parade at RAF Swinderby.
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I listen to Queen probably more than any other music. Freddie was, indeed IS, a brilliant brilliant talent with a huge voice but you know, the one track that means so much to me and sends a shiver down my spine every time I watch it or hear it. When his illness was taking it's toll on his body, such a sad sight and we all knew we were going to lose him shortly. The effort and pain it actually took to even get in front of the microphone His voice however was still magnificent!  :

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some great perspectives people. Thanks!
Message 10 of 11