Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving o2

baysee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to leave o2 as they just keep raising their prices. Every time I speak to customer services, they swamp me with security questions and for every one I answer they say "That is incorrect".  Even my address is "incorrect". I think I do know where I live !! I have sent 2 complaint emails, neither of which has been answered. This has been going on for a month and I am getting nowhere. Has anyone else had this problem ?  The people I speak to can hardly speak English, so that makes it more difficult. .Short of cancelling my direct debit, I don"t know what else to do. Can anyone help please. ?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

If you are out of contract then getting a PAC code and moving your number to another network is the easiest way.

Don't cancel your DD. O2 will just put you into arrears and then pass it to a debt recovery agency. Bang goes your credit rating

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@baysee 
if you want to leave O2 as per the title of your post, all info here

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

If you need help with anything else then you need to contact O2

Give O2 a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (Contract) OR 4445 or 0344 809 222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

ps the recent price hike is due to the annual RPI https://www.o2.co.uk/prices 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@baysee 

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Just get your PAC and leave Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

baysee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply, but getting a pac code is the problem. They will not give me one as they say every question I answer is wrong. Ridiculous of course. I have tried 4 times to obtain a pac code, but the reps are just obstructive and quite rude. Even quoting my account number they disregard.

Message 5 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@baysee 

The problem is even with the Account Number you still need to pass the security questions, and if you are failing these, and keep trying they will put more blockers in the way.. 

Have you tried via myo2 to request the PAC Code rather than speaking to someone or texting PAC to 65075

Ill tag @O2Emma to see if she can help, but you will still need to know the answers to the security questions if asked. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 10

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @madasaf1sh I will look into this thanks.

Hi @baysee I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 7 of 10

baysee
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I do know the answers. but they just keep saying they are incorrect. I am heartily sick of o2 now. Thank you for trying to help.

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@baysee 

Check the guide posted already Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] and you'll see you don't need to call for a PAC at all.

Just text the word PAC and send it to 65075

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to get this sorted @baysee?

Message 10 of 10