LOVE WEEK - WHITE ROOM QUIZ

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome everyone to a special heart LOVE WEEK heart edition of

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

Instead of the usual eight questions, this week there are 12 LOVE-RELATED questions

THE QUESTIONS:

Q1 [history]: Who did Horatio Nelson marry?

Q2 [people]: What was the first and surname of gangster Bonnie Parker`s lover and partner-in-crime?

Q3 [places]: Where, in Europe, is the Lake of Love and Lover`s Bridge [need town and country] ?  

Q4 [space]: Who was the planet Venus named after?

Q5 [nature]: Which country are grey-headed lovebirds native to?

Q6 [literature]: Which character speaks the line "If music be the food of love" in Shakespeare`s "Twelfth Night"?

Q7 [sport]: Which Scottish football team`s home ground was Love Street from 1894 to 2009 ?

Q8 [television]: Who played the character Beryl Battersby in the 1970s TV sit-com "The Lovers" ? 

Q9: [art]: Where is the LOVE sculpture, created by Robert Indiana in 1970, now on display in the USA?

love-sculpture.jpg

Q10: [music]: Which 1960s film [movie] features "Love In The Open Air", composed by Paul McCartney?

Q11: [event]: What, traditionally, is given as a gift on the first wedding anniversary in the UK?

Q12: [food and drink]: What is a "love apple"?

The White Room Thursday Quiz will be open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part will need to pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 13 February 2020.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and the results for each player taking part - will be posted on Friday morning.

THE AWARDS:

Each correct answer will be awarded a star . In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow - on Thursday 13February 2020.

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received before 00.01 on Thursday and/or after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

With, what I have tried to make to be a fair balance of easier and trickier questions, I hope "regulars"

@Cleoriff   @gmarkj  @jonsie   @MI5  @pgn  @Anonymous ; Community Managers @Martin-O2 and

@Marjo ; and members who have played previously - @RyanK1992 ;  @Sy ; @TallTrees ; @BOSSGOGG  

will take part, and that new members, and those who have not previously played, will join in.

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

, and, if you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

Thank you everyone for your interest and for making the White Room Thursday Quiz so popular...

I hope everyone enjoys this edition of the White Room Thursday Quiz.

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just sent my guesses in whilst I had 5 mins spare.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 51

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 - much appreciated as you are busy with work - pm received

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 22 of 51

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Quick quick - incoming!
Message 23 of 51

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn - thank you for playing. pm with your answers received

@Anonymous - good to have you join in with the quiz. pm with your answers received

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 24 of 51

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Gentle reminder to @Martin-O2 and @Marjo - you still have plenty of time to pm me your answers thumbsup

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 25 of 51

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

FIVE MINUTES?? It took me all damn day!! rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 51

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

I think he meant 5 spare mins to paste his answers into a PM, @Cleoriff 🤣

Took me all day to determine the wedding anniversary one, and the list of modern gifts are so inappropriate for some weird reason! Bleh.

Good headscratcher questions, @Mi-Amigo

Message 27 of 51

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Took me all day to determine the wedding anniversary one, and the list of modern gifts are so inappropriate for some weird reason! Bleh.

Good headscratcher questions, @Mi-Amigo

Totally agree with the statement about modern gifts @pgn 

Best say no more as people are yet to post....tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 51

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Yeah just 5 mins to guess (at most of them) but I knew the anniversary one wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 51

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

A PM is coming from me soon @Mi-Amigo ! slight_smile

Message 30 of 51