LOVE WEEK : FRIENDSHIP

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Love Week

heart FRIENDSHIP heart

Today's topic is all about Friendship and what it means to you.

Few things have such a huge impact on happiness and the enjoyment, depth and plain fun of life as the friendships we have.

Do friends need to spend a lot of time together? Or are you comfortable with friends you see rarely but can just pick up a conversation as if you had never been apart?

Then (like this community) there are people you have never met but consider good friends.

Just a bit about myself. I am 'quite old' and have a large circle of friends. Some I speak to daily and see often, others I see rarely but know they would have my back if anything happened to me. They also know I would be there for them.

Through life, I have had many best friends. It happens with age. Smiley Very Happy Many of those have moved away, across the world  but we still keep in touch..

Currently one of my closest friends used to be my boss in nursing. (Yes just imagine!!)

At work we were totally professional and to make sure I was never favoured in the eyes of others, she worked me harder than anyone else. Now we are both retired and can share a friendship which is quite unique really.

I specifically asked @Marjo  to do this topic as it gave me an opportunity to mention @Glory1 .

She was community member who we sadly lost in August of last year.

We had never met. We were the same age and when she joined we just clicked. She became one of my closest friends.

How can that possibly happen when you haven't met someone in person?

Well it did. We had the same sense of humour and shared a liking of books and TV programmes. We could literally chat for hours, either via PM, email, messenger and the occasional phone call. We supported each other a lot through some very bad times and enjoyed black humour discussing our issues.

When she passed away, I felt I had lost a very close friend. This is probably the power of this community and I thank people for that and bringing Glory into our lives..

Add to that, I also thank the community for other friendships I have made and the support they have given me (you know who you are) heart

I found this lovely quote from a very unlikely source..

“Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”

Muhammad Ali

So what does friendship mean to you?

Have you any amusing or poignant friendship memories you want to share?

Please feel free to join in in any way you feel comfortable with. Don't make me feel like a Billy No- Mates  LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well we are just being FRIENDLY on a Friendship thread.....but we are also reporting it on the Forum development and bugs thread.  innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 61 of 62

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

I stumbled upon one mention by chance this morning when reading through topics and it wasn't in my emails either. 😞

Hope it gets fixed soon and let's update each other on the forum issues thread to keep everything in one place. slight_smile

Yeh I`m guilty of posting about the issue on more than one thread - with several posts on forum issue thread. But no personal response or pm to any post... #just saying#

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 62 of 62