cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kindness Day

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Tomorrow is Kindness Day and I think we should celebrate it here in the community as I think we are a great example of it.

I'm not going to ask you to practice random acts of kindness tomorrow because I see you here everyday helping others, and I'm sure tomorrow you'll continue to be kind.

But it would be great to hear some of your kindness stories.Also has anyone of you experienced being the recipient of any type of act of kindness recently? What happened? How did you feel? Hug

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was Pancake Day?

I promise to be nice to my pancakes, right before I smother them in Nutella...

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do NOT mean this in an unkind way at all, but acts of kindness are very personal and in my (possibly warped) view of life they lose a lot in the telling.

Many acts of kindness are by nature small things - a smile to a nervous or worried person, a quiet compliment to someone who lacks self-confidence, a hug to a someone feeling the pain and loss of bereavement, a small gift to someone who feels rejected and unvalued -  these can have an effect out of all proportion to the time and energy it takes to perform them,  but if reported they can seem so mundane, even silly and not worth mentioning.

So yes I have been the recipient of many acts of kindness and never more so than in the past 12 months when life has been quite tough for our family.  I am sure others feel the same way, but I would not be surprised if there are very few replies to this thread.   That is not because kindness is dead, it is just because the kindnesses we receive and any kindness we give others is precious and not for publication.

I hope some of that makes sense and is not mis-interpeted as "negativity".

Message 3 of 4

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I dont need to celebrate any kindness day because i try to be kind every single day slight_smile

Message 4 of 4