cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a polite / constructive suggestion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reinstate my thread on Games A-Z on Sport please

It is a general subject which most people, even me, know summut about = so very not footie except the once great LUFC

att it brought in members who didn't post elsewhere ... so ... this can only be a positive thing

I enjoyed it so did others whose names it would not be appropriate for me to mention

Just have a look at the thread ... & ... consider what I have said in this post 

soccer 8ball trophy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25143 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous 

I agree that a new game could attract new members and, as you say, members in the past who didn`t post anywhere else, and, from various threads on Off Topic, sport is popular.

I know very little about sport [I must be the only member who has no interest in the Olympics and don`t like cricket], so probably wouldn`t take part in a [game] Sport A-Z.

But having said that, I see no reason why others who would love it should not have a game they would enjoy, so gets my vote. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

No you're not the only member with no interest in sport. Back in the day I used to enjoy going to football games but the violence at the time put paid to that. I prefer to see games live rather than watching on TV. Again enjoyed watching tennis but that was a long time ago. 

The only sport I'm addicted to is baseball and I stream that now thanks to Mobdro.  Motorsport, football I no longer have any interest in. Cricket I never liked nor understood and never watched the Olympics which I have no interest in.

However, if other people enjoy playing a sports game, by all means let them play it. Unlike some I don't begrudge anyone playing whatever game they enjoy as long as they don't force me to play too. So it also gets my vote.

One point though, unless a thread has been closed by a manager, the only reinstatement required is find the thread and start posting on it. Simple as smiling

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Just did a quick forum search and the game is still there, so no reinstatement required. Just start posting on it again and it's available to all to play; simples wink

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

As I said elswhere on another thread where this was mentioned yesterday, no 'reinstatement' required.

The thread is still there, so just start posting on it.

Those who are interested will join in, those who aren't, won't. Simple as that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27652 Solutions
Threads die naturally if there's no interest in them. There's a few good threads out there but unless the masses join in they fall out of favour.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Glory1 , @MI5@Mi-Amigo and @Cleoriff 

It appears that I have made a mistake ... not surprising as my short-term retentive memory doesn't perform well ... & ... hasn't for a very long time = just like my dear dad's did ..... I was under the assumption that, let's say 'An Executive Decision' had been made to limit the A-Z Game threads to 3 ... = ... so att my off-the-cuff idea didn't make much of an impression ..... like I say, I really don't trust my memory for things a great deal - it doesn't bother me over-much ... but ... can get me into 'trouble'

I have made a post ... so ... we shall see won't we ? 

Thank you

Wispa Cat

Message 7 of 7