• 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Nice to have helped out in the past

Just waiting for a reply from toby

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 86
85 REPLIES 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your kind messages, guys slight_smile It's nothing serious, it's an inner ear infection that comes with all the lovely trimmings (vertigo, nausea, headaches, loss of balace). It takes some time to recover but I'm doing my best to be back in the office on Monday, providing I stop banging (quite literally) my head against the walls. I'm sure that Toby misses me tongue 

Message 31 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been off line for most of the day, thanks to BT.

Now I'm back there's a lot of cryptic posts and secrecy going on here.
What's happening, get thing's out in the open so we all know where we stand.

Message 32 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable
Moderation and reasons for it cannot be discussed on a public forum.

The situation concerns two members which has been addressed by the staff of the forum.
Message 33 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the one I'm aware of is a long standing member who has helped a lot of people in this forum. Don't know how he's transgressed but he deserves better than this.

Message 34 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair comment.
Message 35 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to discuss the individual cases in private, not in public, please. Feel free to pm me.

On a general level, though, I find veterans breaking the code of conduct far more questionable than newbies. Long standing members know better (not should, they do). They should set the example to the rest of the community, not undermine its dynamics. They should appreciate that the community team is here to help running the show and making sure that everything is running fairly and smoothly, not to antagonise members. They know that, if unhappy with moderation actions, they can discuss with the team or escalate to the community manager. No excuses.

I don't believe in the length of presence = more valuable equation.  

Message 36 of 86

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
The want to continue here has gone it is a community and not as said elsewhere a place that we are dictated to. Unless O2 can actively engage with the core responders on a proper level I can see 2 jobs on the line without the active presence of the 10-15 regulars this forum will die.

Please team O2 engage with us and listen to the many suggestions the community (customers ) have suggested if this post is not what you want to hear O2 I give the explicit instruction to remove all my useful content from the forums by 15:00 Friday 14 th June.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 37 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe those who have a long history of helping lots of other members = valued member.

This forum hasn't valued the longstanding helpful members for some time. Smiley Frustrated

Message 38 of 86

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
At least we know what they think of us now...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thing we discovered that, 12 months ago, when they abolished the "superuser" rank.

Things have just taken a turn for the worse.

Message 40 of 86