Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

I totally agree, @Cleoriff, but as I've said, unless people would be willing to be delayed for an untold number of hours at a roadblock to check every car, taxi (that's how the latest attackers arrived), mini bus, and coach, overground and underground train, there is no way to defend an airport against this kind of attack. As @jonsie said earlier, the vermin who perpetrate these atrocities are always one step ahead, and even if those kinds of security measures were implemented, they'd find another way.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

True @Bambino. In 14 days I fly back to Spain. Luckily I will be at the airport at 4am. To date this has not been considered a time 'of maximum impact'....however it is a time when the airport is staffed with limited security personnel....no-one can tell  when and where they will strike next...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

But if you don't fly, they win, and you and I and the rest of civilized society must keep flying, and living our lives as we normally would. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

But if you don't fly, they win, and you and I and the rest of civilized society must keep flying, and living our lives as we normally would. 

It wont stop me. On a lighter note, with the weather in the UK I would fly back tomorrow if I could ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 28

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Really shocked reading about this today. I hope the reports of a second bomber are untrue. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 25 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

There were 3 terrorists @Martin-O2 who all started firing guns...when the police fired at them they blew themselves up. Currently death toll stands at 41 with 230 injured http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36658187

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 28

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

It's so awful slight_frown 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 27 of 28

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I went through a body scanner at Manchester and various trips to NYC, Orlando and LAX. A little embarrassing but a small price to pay. This should be implemented at every airport and especially so when you park a vehicle. Safety is paramount to any embarrassment. Only then will the world be able to minimise the risk of these fanatics. Or maybe just outlaw religion? I have to say I sometimes question my beliefs...

Message 28 of 28