Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good idea?

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Android and Apple are now vying to take over your car. Personally, I think there are enough distractions already.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/google-integrate-android-directly-cars-133206111.html

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh dear me no....

I think they are forgetting that a car is for driving. All this additional stuff will provide nothing but dangerous distractions.

Not sure I would want them 'collating data' on me either. There is enough of that already...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's already here in some cars - We put it into the Nissan Juke last year and Ford are about to expand their sync services with it anytime now.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's already here in some cars - We put it into the Nissan Juke last year and Ford are about to expand their sync services with it anytime now.....

Blimey....just shows what I know then....:smileysad: It isn't in my Ford Kuga I do know that...Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

No.....Ford gave that a silly name instead LOL

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

*Tuts* .....I suppose you think I am mad because I chose the car...for the name? Fear

I suppose its no worse than choosing a car for the colour....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I liked the idea - until I got to the bit about gathering information! Apart from that I don't see that it's any different from having a sat nav, radio etc.

Oh and colour is very important when choosing a car!
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a 'professional pedistrian' & I regularly see elderly & young drivers go over the pelican/zebra crossings in the town of Skipton, in which I live ..... they drive either very slowly gawping out of the driver's side window ..... or in the case of the younger more arrogant ones = 'I will drive through regargless'

all imho of course ..... no to mention the regular driving along the wrong way along a very busy one way road which is very difficult for pedistrians to monitor ..... also whilst I'm on a roll ..... = .....one of the several hump back bridges over the canal ..... = ..... drivers just do either not bother to indicate to a particular nearby t junction I have in mind or indicate far too late

it appears to me that many drivers just do not give pedestrians a 2nd thought & with all the above mentioned distractions = so to answer the op question = no it's not a good idea 

OK rant over 

WispaRed7 Cat cat people are nice people 

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

*Tuts* .....I suppose you think I am mad because I chose the car...for the name? Fear

I suppose its no worse than choosing a car for the colour....LOL

I found out today I was born in the year of the tiger. ..explains a lot....

Message 9 of 9