cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is romance dead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is romance dead? well, listening to everybody whine on about valentines it certainly seems so!!   ive had some romantic gestures done for me in the past, but im not a massive fan of romance, i hate resturants, dressing 'nice' ect and its just geniunely embarrassing. 

What is the most romantic thing you have had/ had done for you, ( KEEP IT CLEAN!!) and do you think romance is dead?? 

would love to hear guys and girls views on this slight_smile 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

its good to show romance but valentines day is just another way of materialistic buying & plugging goods. just do it anytime you want without materialistic

Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree with that, same as christmas ect, 

Message 3 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Romance is alive and kicking! It's a personal thing and I think everyone has a little romance inside them.

The most romantic thing I ever did was to arrange a holiday to coincide with our 30th anniversary in Las Vegas where I secretly laid on a renewal of our wedding vows at the the little white chapel, complete with a stretch limo to pick us up and return us to the hotel. Our youngest son was our photograher.

Some may think it tacky but the look on my wife's face when I told her is etched on my mind forever and it was a wonderful experience.

...mind you, I hadn't budgeted for the new dress my wife insisted on as she had only packed teeshirts and summer dresses!

Now I'm wondering whether to delete this postSmiley Embarassed

Message 4 of 21

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Agreed with Stuart on that account.

I'm very romantic when I actually find someone I like further than physically.

Last "serious" gf and I spent a long weekend in Paris (cliche I know) I spoke with her boss and got her Friday off without her knowledge (he made Friday out to be hell for her haha) I waited for her at work she turned up and punched me a few times when I explained haha.

Great weekend:(

thats a lovely thing to do:) my parents just renewed their vows. (One day I hope ill understand)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

i love how the guys have said yes! on both accounts, you guys are sweet, and i often get little gifts throughout the year, ( today i got chocolates, and he was on his his motorbike, could have screamed the street down! XD ) 

i think that it depends on the couple, and the era, now is completely different and less commercial to a decade ago, i love the little things, and for me, valentines day is also my partners birthday, so i focus on that more, 

i love hearing tales of romance, whoever, and im glad that things aren't so dead as they seem!! grin

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

My now ex-wife once farted very loudly in a very quiet pub - and I apologised so that everyone would think it was me.

Does that count?

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

^^ ever the gentleman!! hahaha!! grin

Message 8 of 21

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Close enough:D
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

love it!!! grin will be writing you all cards for responding! 

XD

Message 10 of 21