Did you mean: 

Is no one's data safe.

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Google 'stores children's data' - civil liberties group

Google collects schoolchildren's personal data, including internet searches, a civil liberties group says.

In a complaint to the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) said the alleged practice broke both Google promises and trade rules.

It said Google products used in schools sent data to the company without first seeking parental permission.

Google said its tools complied with the law.

Google provides schools with Chromebooks and its Google Apps for Education (GAFE) products - a suite of cloud-based productivity tools.

Full story here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34983245

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
What difference does it make?
So what if they save search info etc as long as its anonymous?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Any idea that there was any semblance of privacy left went a very long time ago.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
We are all being monitored daily in everything we do.
Whether we like it or not, it's a fact of life these days and in cases of National security, I welcome it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I can just imagine the parents getting notice of what their children are browsing at school. Yes, you leave your home and you are monitored and can be tracked on your journey to and from your destination,  anywhere you stop off, your journey along any main road. Your phone calls, your Internet browsing, your purchases, your preferences, all 2 monitored and recorded and go help you should you click on anything slightly suspect.....

Message 5 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I can just imagine the parents getting notice of what their children are browsing at school. Yes, you leave your home and you are monitored and can be tracked on your journey to and from your destination,  anywhere you stop off, your journey along any main road. Your phone calls, your Internet browsing, your purchases, your preferences, all 2 monitored and recorded and go help you should you click on anything slightly suspect.....

And wouldn't it be interesting if parents got what their kids teachers are browsing too. Somehow I think the teachers would be up in arms rather quickly. 

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions