Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Nurses Day

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12697 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

Just seen on Twitter that today is International Nurses Day.

Given the current global situation, I thought it would be appropriate to have a thread on here giving thanks to all nurses (current or former).

For me, my mum used to be a nurse on a post op recovery ward. She worked there for 10+ years.

My step mum is a recently retired out patients sister (she has gone back to help out in non Covid wards as well).

My aunt also used to be a maternity nurse, so there are lots of them in the family!

So, thank you to all of the nurses who are going above and beyond even their "normal" in these times.

thank_you

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
  • 126434 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Only complicated if not working in the UK @ComaChameleon  rofl

Re Florence Nightingale, the Houses of Parliament are lit up with images of her and the modern nurse of today. Quite lovely to see. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I've just come across this topic now so a bit late replying (sorry @gmarkj !), but absolutely agree with the above comments around the importance of nurses and how we should celebrate them, and not just on that one day of the year. heart

By the way, I've visited the Florence Nightingale museum in London (it's in St Thomas' Hospital) and once the current situation eases and people can move around more, I highly recommend you guys visiting there if you can and haven't already. It was very interesting - they have so much information about her that I didn't know before. slight_smile

Message 12 of 16

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38865 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

I must've missed it this year. Shame, as our kleptocronyist government seems to want to further drive the NHS into the ground. 

20210620_101216.jpg

Message 13 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94434 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126434 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

It will never happen. We have British nurses leaving the profession in droves, particularly since the pandemic started. We have always relied on nurses from other countries to ensure we can keep going.

Ridulous notion bordering on racist.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 16

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38865 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Ridulous notion bordering on racist.

Not to mention insane, verging on  criminal..... 

Message 16 of 16