cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Dance and Jazz Day

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Today is the International Jazz Day. And yesterday it was the International Dance Day.

To all those who, like me, can not live without this electricity running through your veins and activating your muscles, Happy Dance and Jazz days! I think this song by Leonard Cohen is a great tribute to dance.

This morning I was reading about the International Jazz day and I wanted to share it with you:

“In times of change and uncertainty, we need the spirit of jazz more than ever before, to bring people – especially young women and men – together, to nurture freedom and dialogue, to create new bridges of respect and understanding, for greater tolerance and cooperation,” says UNESCO Director General, Irina Bokova.

You can enjoy the the 2015 International Jazz Day All-Star Global Concert LIVE From Paris online here  (kicks off in at 8pm).

I know we have a lot of music lovers in the community, do we have any jazz lovers? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Thanks for posting this, I may well listen in later. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you @perksie ! slight_smile
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Always loved jazz and I find it a little sad that another part of my youth is increasingly difficult to find these days unless you are prepared to travel to a major city.

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sadly jazz was the one genre of music I could never take to. I know @Anonymous likes it though.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sadly jazz was the one genre of music I could never take to. I know @Anonymous likes it though.

yes @Cleoriff I do like trad jazz, & used to go to the festivals & long since defunkt local jazz club ..... I can imagine you dancing the Argentine Tango to the video clip posted by @Anonymous ..... I notice @perksie has posted above & I think @Bambino also likes jazz ..... imho it is music of the people slight_smile

Message 6 of 9

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6978 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Anonymous my parents like trad jazz too slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 7 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's on now here: http://live.jazzday.com/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@blissgirl wrote:
@Anonymous my parents like trad jazz too slight_smile

that's good to know @blissgirl

Message 9 of 9