Did you mean: 

In-car tech devices and gadgets

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, how's your week going so far?

I was reading this article on Spotify's in-car music player device that they are rumoured to be developing and launching this year. I thought that's pretty cool, there's no need to use your mobile phone for that anymore.

Apart from this device, I started to think there must actually be all kinds of interesting gadgets and accessories meant for in-car use that I haven't even thought about. There's the usual things we hear about nowadays such as dashboard cameras and phone chargers that plug into the car, or devices that link to your smartphone and help find where your car is parked, led lighting to enhance the atmosphere inside your car....

I've always thought how awesome it would be to have something like a coffee machine that makes you a cup of coffee for the journey. Smiley Very Happy I just googled it and apparently there are portable espresso makers for cars...

If you could add any tech/gadgets you wanted to your car (either as driver or passenger, or both), which ones would that be? Have you seen any cool ones that already exist?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@TallTrees grin a chauffer would indeed be great to have! grin

@sheepdog that video made me miss watching Knight Rider. heart_eyes I could use that mode for my commute if I had a car. It would do that in the air above all other cars though so I could beat the traffic. thinking

@gmarkj The ones you mention sound like very helpful ideas for driving. In-car breathalyser especially for safety. The HUD overlay sounds quite futuristic and I could imagine them in the cars they drive in Black Mirror for example. grin Are any cars already using something like that?

Message 11 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yes, but mainly the top end (BMW, Audi, etc) and they are not cheap - you are looking at £1k and up for a built in version.
You can also buy aftermarket versions - they look a little like a phone and sit on top of the dashboard and project onto the windscreen.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 12