Did you mean: 

IOC: Russian Athletes

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

What a farce this is turning out to be. Evil

Earlier this month The World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) had recommended all Russian athletes be banned from the Rio Olympics after its independently commissioned report found evidence of a "four-year state sponsored doping programme" across the vast majority of Olympic sports.

The IOC made a decison to ban some athletes but then, in rather a cowardly move, passed on the responsibility to the individual governing sports bodies. (In other words " you decide....we wont!")

Now 5 days before the start of the games we are told the IOC has convened a 'three person panel' who will make a final, final final decision on the recommendations made by the individual sports bodies.Smiley Mad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36934760

I think this smacks of hypocrisy and fear......?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 11 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore ... & ... @jonsie

you crack me up as ever with your comments above  ^  ^  ^ rofBouncycgu 

Message 12 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Problem is we all know you lot weren't listening for her grunts...you were trying to catch a glimpse of her knickers...However, she is a proven cheat so she can go and stand in the corner and grunt like a pig to herself Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 54

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Problem is we all know you lot weren't listening for her grunts...you were trying to catch a glimpse of her knickers...However, she is a proven cheat so she can go and stand in the corner and grunt like a pig to herself Evil

Who mentioned tennis......Whistle

Message 14 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Who mentioned tennis......Whistle

Well you didn't so that proves my point.....Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 54

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

The problem with Sharpova is that she was already taken the substance years before THEN it got made illegal. Even if she did stop on the day of it being illegal, the first drugs test she'd have taken would have failed. Not quite as black and white as its made out and there is no consistent drugs policy around the world and each sport has its own limits which changes all the time. Don't get me started on Justin Gatlin who got away with it twice and still is allowed to compete...

But yeah, the IOC are a joke anyway. 

Message 16 of 54

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
I refuse to be baited by the short sighted comments regarding the tennis Goddess .
*Sees sheepdog in 100% correct mode wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I refuse to be baited by the short sighted comments regarding the tennis Goddess .
*Sees sheepdog in 100% correct mode wink

Well she is currently in stand in the corner mode so let's forget her until she can come back and start grunting like a trussed pig again.....However, more relevant would be your comments on the IOC and the Russian athletes in the Rio Olympics? tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 54

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Ban the lot of them.
They've taken the mickey for years!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Ban the lot of them.
They've taken the mickey for years!

Correct answer....Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket