cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I still can't use my 2998 texts after a sim change by a guru

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel frustrated because according to my o2 account balance today I still have 2998 o2 text messages but even
though I have made sure I have typed in the recipient's mobile numbers correctly the text messages won't send.I have been into an o2 shop and told a guru about this and he changed my o2 sim for a new one like the sim was faulty but it has not solved the problem.I contacted o2 about this issue online and they said they could see no reason for this problem, but the problem is still there.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Make sure you have the correct Message Centre number entered in your phone. They are different for Pay & Go and Pay Monthly sims.

Pay Monthly   +447802000332
Pay & Go       +447802092035

If you're still having problems, speak to someone in customer service. Don't rely on Live Chat.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122375 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I would also try sending texts from a phone number in your contacts list.  I personally add everyone to contacts and have never had a call or text fail yet... Only ever failed when I tried to input the number manually

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Additionally, check your postcode for any service issues http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous how are you getting on with this issue?
Message 5 of 5