cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I missed a call which came up 'private'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually wherever I am in my house my mobile goes with me ... however ... this morning at about 10:15am whilst answering the door to the postman, I'd scrabbled downstairs to catch him, I was expecting a special delivery to be signed for as indeed it was (O2 TTT - VR headset) ... my mobile was ringing & ringing & ringing for what seemed a long time ... I thought no matter, I will ring back when I get back to it in its special place when I am at the laptop in the little bedroom

I'm worried ... because ... to date calls which come up 'private' have been calls to do with NHS in some shape or form regarding myself or say a vulnerable elderly parent ... I don't wish to 'spook' any member of my family by ringing round

Could an x-directory landline phone come up on a mobile as 'private'

Any help would be gratefully received

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi Jane ...I wouldn't worry about it. I get a lot of 'private' number calls. They are all folk trying to sell me something...Have a look at this link https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow...

If it's a genuine person they will show their number. If its a hospital or somewhere that goes through a central exchange it will usually show withheld...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If it's a call from the NHS or similar, they will undoubtably call back if it's important.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @Cleoriff & @jonsie

Message 4 of 4