Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I`m A Celebrity 2020

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25116 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here is to start tomorrow - Sunday 15 November - on ITV.

Instead of being located in Australia, this - the 20th I`m A Celeb - will be located at Gwrych Castle, Abergele, Wales.

The show will be hosted, as usual, by Ant and Dec.

The celebrities taking part will be:

[info from Digitalspy - https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a32374654/im-a-celebrity-2020-cast-start-date/

Sir Mo Farah

i’m a celebrity 2020, sir mo farah cbe
Olympic gold medallist.

Mo says: "It will be nice for people to see me doing something other than running."

When asked what he would miss the most while in the celebrity camp, he named "coffee", his wife and his children.

Vernon Kay

i’m a celebrity 2020, vernon kay
TV presenter and husband of Strictly Come Dancing's Tess Daly.

Vernon thinks that he'll be the "person to keep spirits up" while in the camp, and admits that he'll miss his family most.

Jessica Plummer

i’m a celebrity 2020, jessica plummer
Former EastEnders actor.

In terms of her fears, Jessica points to "arachnophobia" a "fear of heights" and "just about every phobia".

"It will be nice for people to see me for who I am rather than my EastEnders character," she said.

Victoria Derbyshire

i’m a celebrity 2020, victoria derbyshire
Journalist and TV presenter

"I am not a fan of spiders or confined spaces and I don't know what I am going to be like when I get there," she said.

Beverley Callard

i’m a celebrity 2020, beverley callard
Coronation Street star.

"People think I am glamorous as I have played Liz for so long but I am not," she said of her iconic on-screen character.

She's most scared of "ghosts and insects" and will miss her dogs and her husband the most.

Giovanna Fletcher

i’m a celebrity 2020, giovanna fletcher
Author, blogger and wife of McFly singer Tom.

Giovanna has a fear of heights and admits that her legs "go wobbly".

She believes that her role in camp will be "Mum, friend and the giver of hugs".

AJ Pritchard

i’m a celebrity 2020, aj pritchard
Former Strictly Come Dancing professional.

"People see me with sparkles and fake tan but nobody knows what I am like," he said.

His dream campmate would be "any celebrity with an intriguing background".

Shane Richie

i’m a celebrity 2020, shane richie
Actor, comedian and EastEnders star.

Shane's fear is "human faeces", apparently. "If I see one, it is over! I am hoping the camp toilet will be enclosed."

Hollie Arnold

i’m a celebrity 2020, hollie arnold
Paralympic gold medallist.

Hollie thinks her role in camp will be the "cook" or a "shoulder to cry on".

Her dream camp mate would be Michelle Keegan, and she'll miss her "boyfriend, food and cats" the most.

Jordan North

i’m a celebrity 2020, jordan north
BBC Radio 1 DJ.

"It's just easier to say what I am not scared of. I have so many phobias," he said.

Jordan also thinks that in camp he'll be the "entertainer" and the "tidy up person".

Any other members of the Community going to be watching?

What are your thoughts on the line-up ? the re-location? 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 159
158 REPLIES 158

Mi-Amigo
  • 25116 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tuesday.

Show started with Victoria waking to say she was sure she heard toads!! AJ wasn`t happy at how much wood, which he had chopped, had gone and wanted jobs changed. Ruthie was feelig down and spoke to Victoria about not being the "tough cookie" she tries to portray herself as - got support from Victoria and Vernon.

Coin Challenge done by G and Shane was a "pinata bash". Shane locked in hut. G, wearing armour and face covered had to hit objects above her head, release tokens and give them to Shane who had to use them to rotate wheel and release him. They headed to cabin. Prize bathroom plug or marshmallows. They chose marshmallows. Phone in camp answered by Jess. Question how many % of public said there is gender equality in household - 32% or 21%. Camp said 32% which was wrong. Returned to camp empty handed. Celebs disappointed. I liked the challenge and it was amusing to see the reaction to the choice of prizes - bathplug or marshmallows - and celebs all wanting marshmallows to toast over the fire.

Meanwhile, AJ spent ages cleaning all of the dirty pots and food containers so they were spotless. He commented about the bad job Shane had done and how much rice and beans had stuck and made things smell. When Shane returned to camp he was told about the effort AJ had put in. Rather than thank AJ, Shane was not happy at the comments, which were obviously aimed at him.

I wasn`t surprised at Shane`s reaction and was pleased that AJ had said what he did. 

Cruel Jewels trial. Before the trial, Shane said getting a full house [12 stars] was unrealistic. No doubt, he was worried about his massive ego getting a bending. Shane had to crawl through series of perspex boxes, facing mealworms, cockroaches, royal pythons. When he got to the part where he had to put his head thru into a box of spiders and cobwebs he was clearly nervous and admit he didn`t like spiders. Ant took delight in telling him there were 200 spiders in there. Shane also faced rats and naked rats and scorpions. Shane managed to get all 12 stars. No sign of modesty from Shane, who returned to camp and boasted to the campmates. Ant joked to camera that Shane only missed out on not facing fish guts because they couldn`t get them in time for the trial.

While waiting for Shane`s return, Ruthie taught the celebs the moves to "All That Jazz". This was the funniest part of the show, in my opinion, especially Mo grinning and singing along. Vernon didn`t dance because he said he`s hurt himself.

The meal for 12 stars got by Shane was crayfish and chilli, prepared by G and Mo. There was much better co-operation between everyone and no arguments like last night. Everyone enjoyed the meal.

The public voted Jess and Shane to do tomorrow night`s trial - Sickening Stall, a medieval stall, with celebs having to drink disgusting drinks. I think Shane got chosen because the public are a little tired of his attitiude.

Voting is open for the next camp leader - but current leader Jordan and deputy Victoria are exempt, so we will soon have a new leader and deputy. 

Looking forward to tomorrow nights show and hope Jess does well.

As for leader and deputy, I`d like to see G and Ruthie as they would probably bring a bit of harmony and help create the right atmosphere in camp. 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 61 of 159

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Great write up @Mi-Amigo.

Yet again I missed some of it as was eating a late meal.

On the FB group I follow, there were mixed feelings about Shane doing the trial and getting all stars. Some were delighted as they love him, others like us, not so much.

Personally I thought the trial was one of the easiest so far. 100% easier than last nights which was completed in the dark with stars everywhere.

Of course Shane was over boastful when he returned with his comment 'the Kings and Queens will dine well tonight' Bloody showoff rofl

Although I'm pleased he was chosen for another trial, I have no doubt he will be bragging post trial, about how much HE helped Jess.

Loved AJ and the scouring of the camp dishes. Shane, needless to say, was not impressed at the inference that he could wash up properly.

Of course the meal they had was the best ever. I was incensed at the way they thanked Shane and then as an afterthought, thanked the cooks, Mo and Giovanna.

I realise I am going on a lot about Shane but I think he has shown his true colours these last few days. I wasn't that keen on him before he went into camp...even less so now.

I also hope Giovanna is chosen as camp leader and not bothered about the deputy as long as it isn't Vernon or Shane.

I think Hollie will be first to go when evictions start. She is given very little airtime and has not been chosen for a trial.

As for the name of tomorrows trial, I'm pleased you got the title, as I couldn't hear it! My hubby hates the show and has started playing music on his laptop when it's on!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 159

Mi-Amigo
  • 25116 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

I agree with everything you said. It seems to me that Shane is getting far too much attention and had by far the easiest trial so far. I really hope he has a tough time with the trial tonight and Jess gets more stars than him.

As you said, 

Although I'm pleased he was chosen for another trial, I have no doubt he will be bragging post trial, about how much HE helped Jess.

That is more than likely, but if he tries that tactic within earshot of Jess, I don`t think she`ll take that and she is more than capable of putting him in his place.

I don`t know when the evictions start but wouldn`t be surprised to see Hollie is the first to go as she has done nothing.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 63 of 159

Mi-Amigo
  • 25116 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As we are now over a week into I`m A Celeb, what are your thought @Cleoriff and @gmarkj on the celebs so far?

Probably still a bit early to really decide yet on who we`d like to win but, for me, I`ve got to like Giovanna, Jess, and Ruthie. I`m becoming increasingly bored and annoyed with Shane and Vernon; and think Hollie has not contributed anything to the show - no trial on her own. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 64 of 159

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25116 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

2 weeks to go....deep sigh!

It`ll go all too quickly for me 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 66 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

As we are now over a week into I`m A Celeb, what are your thought @Cleoriff and @gmarkj on the celebs so far?

Probably still a bit early to really decide yet on who we`d like to win but, for me, I`ve got to like Giovanna, Jess, and Ruthie. I`m becoming increasingly bored and annoyed with Shane and Vernon; and think Hollie has not contributed anything to the show - no trial on her own. 

I'm in agreement with that. Although Vernon was better last night, I've seen a boastful snidey side of Shane I don't like. Its all me me me, and yesterday his boasting when he managed the easiest trial ever in the history of I'm a Celeb was beyond belief.....

I think he's a backstabber.

I feel a bit sorry for Hollie. I'm sure she isn't being picked for the trials as 1) she is the quietest and 2) her disability. I noticed she did brilliantly when all the women were chained to that bar. She also gets less airtime than anyone else.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 67 of 159

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12039 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions
Yeah the impression we are getting of Shane and Vernon is not the image they present, and you do wonder if the show's editing is playing that up.
Shane is certainly not doing himself any favours.
Not really seen enough of anyone yet to pick a winner, although Jordan and Giovanna must be close to the front.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 68 of 159

Mi-Amigo
  • 25116 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wednesday.

Packed and, in my opinion, much better show tonight.

Show began with Shane moaning that Bev`s snoring had woken him up and was keeping him awake. Victoria suggested Shane to give Bev a gentle nudge. Next morning, Bev told and she apologised and told campmates her rather naughty nickname for her husband!

It was Russell`s birthday. The celebs sang "Happy Birthday" to him. Russell later chated to G and said he felt down as he was missing his family on his birthday. G was supportive withour being patronising.

There was no Coin Challenge, instead there was the Mean Massage Challenge.

Four celebs were chosen at randomn by lucky dip - Bev, Hess, G and Ruthie who headed off for massage.

Lying face down on table, they were covered with critters, inc snakes, and had to stay still. No stars to collect, more of an endurance trial for 12 minutes. Looked hard and uncomfortable. The girls did it and were rewarded with having to nominate celeb for prize - robes, and visit to proper luxury spa. Bev nominated Vernon; G nominated Hollie; Ruthie nominated Russell [as it was his birthday]; and Jess nominated G [who had taken part in the challenge]. Celebs were told, given their robes, and headed to spa where they enjoyed fresh fruit and time in hot tub.

I thought this was a tough challenge and was entertaining as it was different and good to see them nominate a celeb, plus it seemed to help in the bonding between them.

Then it came to to the Sickening Stalls trial with Shane and Jess. Before they left camp, Shane said to Jess "Don`t worry. I`ve got your back, girl". Jess didn`t say anything back. They arrived at the trial with three stalls each containing four drinks. Shane and Jess had to each drink 6 revolting drinks, getting one meal for each drink completed. Shane had to drink fermented duck eggs; blended sheep`s testicles; half pint of locusts and other critters; blended private part of sow; blended cow`s heart; and blended sheep`s anus. Jess had to drink fermented fish eyes; blended chicken feet; half pint of pig snout; blended vomit fruit; fermented fish soup; and private part of goat. They both managed to complete each of the drinks and won 12 meals for camp.

I thought this was a tough drinking trial and Jess had harder drinks than Shane. For me, it was one of those trials where, even though its revolting. was "must see", and the look on their faces at some of the drinks was funny.

While waiting for Shane and Jess to return to camp, Jordan shaved off his beard.

Shane and Jess returned to camp. Jess made the announcement [parodying Shane last night] with "tonight we eat like Kings and Queens. We got 12 meals". Shane was actually nice about Jess and said, in front of the others "I`m proud of you". Camp all sang "Reach For The Stars". Meal of pheasant arrived. Mo and G did the cooking, after much discussion about how long pheasant would take to cook. Jess didn`t feel well and went to bed with wanting any food. No doubt an after-effectof the trial.

The public voted for the two celebs to do the next trial - Wicked Waterways, which as the name suggests appears to be facing critters under and in water - tomorrow night. The public voted for Hollie and Shane to do this trial. Now this will be interesting!! Hollie`s first trial and Shane`s third.

Looking forward to tomorrow night`s show and hope it is as good and as entertaining as tonights.  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 69 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I had my son visit tonight from work at 8.30pm, so I had to record this.

I thought it was overpacked tonight and things which have been announced publicly this morning weren't even mentioned.

Giovanna is the new camp leader, information given in the Daily Drop (the offshoot I'm a Celeb show), Good Morning Britain and This Morning. So if this is the case, I'm annoyed it wasn't shown on tonights show.  It was also all over FB in the I'm a Celeb group.

Also a lot of negative press from the wildlife experts in the UK, regarding the live critters they are using. Some stating if they get out of the Castle, they could change the face of our wild insects.  The example they used was the ladybird which somehow got here from the USA has now virtually wiped out the UK ladybird.

So with all this in mind, I wasn't in the best of moods to watch the show tonight.

I did watch it though but it was somewhat annoying when I was looking at the girls massage challenge and my husband who hates the show, kept saying, 'see look at those cockroaches they are running everywhere'... (ITV had countered the wildlife criticism by saying all creatures were gathered up safely!)

I think the drinks challenge was good and I agree, Jess's drinks did seem worse than Shane's. I noticed he told  the group about everything he had to drink. Jess wasn't mentioned.

Not sure him being up for the next challenge means he is popular or unpopular? Opinion seems divided on Social Media.

Anyway on to tomorrow. Hope I get to see it without interruptions Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 159