Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I`m A Celebrity 2020

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here is to start tomorrow - Sunday 15 November - on ITV.

Instead of being located in Australia, this - the 20th I`m A Celeb - will be located at Gwrych Castle, Abergele, Wales.

The show will be hosted, as usual, by Ant and Dec.

The celebrities taking part will be:

[info from Digitalspy - https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a32374654/im-a-celebrity-2020-cast-start-date/

Sir Mo Farah

i’m a celebrity 2020, sir mo farah cbe
Olympic gold medallist.

Mo says: "It will be nice for people to see me doing something other than running."

When asked what he would miss the most while in the celebrity camp, he named "coffee", his wife and his children.

Vernon Kay

i’m a celebrity 2020, vernon kay
TV presenter and husband of Strictly Come Dancing's Tess Daly.

Vernon thinks that he'll be the "person to keep spirits up" while in the camp, and admits that he'll miss his family most.

Jessica Plummer

i’m a celebrity 2020, jessica plummer
Former EastEnders actor.

In terms of her fears, Jessica points to "arachnophobia" a "fear of heights" and "just about every phobia".

"It will be nice for people to see me for who I am rather than my EastEnders character," she said.

Victoria Derbyshire

i’m a celebrity 2020, victoria derbyshire
Journalist and TV presenter

"I am not a fan of spiders or confined spaces and I don't know what I am going to be like when I get there," she said.

Beverley Callard

i’m a celebrity 2020, beverley callard
Coronation Street star.

"People think I am glamorous as I have played Liz for so long but I am not," she said of her iconic on-screen character.

She's most scared of "ghosts and insects" and will miss her dogs and her husband the most.

Giovanna Fletcher

i’m a celebrity 2020, giovanna fletcher
Author, blogger and wife of McFly singer Tom.

Giovanna has a fear of heights and admits that her legs "go wobbly".

She believes that her role in camp will be "Mum, friend and the giver of hugs".

AJ Pritchard

i’m a celebrity 2020, aj pritchard
Former Strictly Come Dancing professional.

"People see me with sparkles and fake tan but nobody knows what I am like," he said.

His dream campmate would be "any celebrity with an intriguing background".

Shane Richie

i’m a celebrity 2020, shane richie
Actor, comedian and EastEnders star.

Shane's fear is "human faeces", apparently. "If I see one, it is over! I am hoping the camp toilet will be enclosed."

Hollie Arnold

i’m a celebrity 2020, hollie arnold
Paralympic gold medallist.

Hollie thinks her role in camp will be the "cook" or a "shoulder to cry on".

Her dream camp mate would be Michelle Keegan, and she'll miss her "boyfriend, food and cats" the most.

Jordan North

i’m a celebrity 2020, jordan north
BBC Radio 1 DJ.

"It's just easier to say what I am not scared of. I have so many phobias," he said.

Jordan also thinks that in camp he'll be the "entertainer" and the "tidy up person".

Any other members of the Community going to be watching?

What are your thoughts on the line-up ? the re-location? 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 159
158 REPLIES 158

Anonymous
Not applicable
:-))
Message 41 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

On the news tonight, it showed Burnley have cashed in on Jordans 'Happy Place-Turf Moor' comments.

They are now selling T shirts and mugs with that phrase on. Selling well. Probably unfair to say Burnley have cashed in.... as all money raised is going to charity. Great news. yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fantastic!
Message 43 of 159

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 44 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Friday...

Blimey this was a long show...so I'll write a report tonight but won't do another full one again...(missing the show while I am writing!!) joy

A lot of chatting among the Celebs about various things.

Russel spoke about his brain tumours and how, with the last one, all he remembered was the paramedic saying stay with us Russell....the op was successful obviously. Then he recounted time he was asked to have an audience with the pope. Then found out he was actually singing to 500 million people.

Shane stole a toilet roll from the Palace. (big deal!)

Ruthie went one better and told Shane about her affair with Prince Edward. (The Prince and the Showgirl) I remember it made the news.

Tonight the public are voting for a camp leader. We will know the results on Sunday?

Mo and Victoria did the coin challenge.. dressed as robins they had to create a map with worms (polystyrene swim tubes) using only their robin beaks . It was completed but then came the question to the celebs...How many people are reluctant to tell others their real age. 10% or 22%. The celebs went for 22. It was wrong, so no treat.

Mo then did his own challenge which involved pulling keys on chains out of holes filled with offal. Each key was colour coded. Mo then had to find a matching colour coded small door to unlock. Inside, along with critters, was a star which had to be unscrewed. He was doing a lot of screaming and yelling.

He managed 9 stars but they had a good meal of cuttlefish.

We then went on to the live trial...All celebs took part Lords v Ladies. Trying to win Royal coins. Winner would eat well, losers would have just rice and beans

1st challenge...

Shane and Jordan for men and Hollie and Ruthie for girls. Heads into slime troughs searching for gold coins. Lords won by 3 coins to 2

2nd Challenge.

Vernon and  Victoria laying in locked glass coffins with critters poured over them

trying to unscrew coins. 11 to the Lords 6 to Ladies

3rd challenge:

AJ and Jess with hands in the stocks ....heads in box with rats. Unscewing royal coins. Both got 6 coins each

4th Challenge

Russell and Mo. Bev and Giovanna . Sitting in chairs, and having to unscrew stars from a box filled with crickets, with a royal python round their necks. Ladies beat the Lords

Overall Lords won...

Next Challenge is Barbaric.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 159

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff for a great write-up on Friday`s show. Sorry you missed part of it whilst doing this.

Shane is trying to monopolise the chat at the beginning. Although he has many stories to tell, he is becoming annoying. Good to see he was upstaged by Ruthie.

Seems like the celebs can`t win the Coin Challenge this series. The celebs are doing the Challenge but then lose out because their campmates get the question wrong. 

I did find Mo funny doing his trial with his screaming and him keeping asking Ant and Dec "what`s in here?" before reaching into the hole.

I thought the Lords v Ladies trials was a great idea. Good to see all of the celebs taking part and going head-to-head. As I have a phobia of rats, I sympathise with Jess who was clearly scared and took ages before she put her head into the perspex box of rats and bald rats.

Looking forward to tonight`s show with the Barbaric trial.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 46 of 159

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Saturday.

Ant and Dec introduced tonight`s show and revealed it wouldn`t be live but was pre-recorded and would be a recap of the week in camp with previously unseen footage.

The unseen footage mainly consisted of the celebs discussions including their previous jobs before they became famous. Bev said she had been a receptionist for a hypnotherapist who got people off smoking but she would sneak off to the toilet, have a ciggie and blow smoke out the window; Ruthie said she worked in an off licence and folk would come in chuck bottles of booze and run off with bottles without paying; Vernon said he had a job putting stickers on bananas! Mo revealed he worked in MacDonalds making burgers.

The show also had footage of the celebs playing tag in the courtyard, running round like kids being chased by Mo - which I found quite funny. Shane went into the Castle phone box and made out he was placing a home delivery and asked the others what they wanted to order. Interesting to hear what each was missing in the way of food.

One of the funniest bits was Shane`s prank on Ruthie just after she and Russell had arrived in camp and done their trial. Shane asked Ruthie to turn out the lights as everyone was tired and wanted to get some sleep. Shane told her where the light switch was. Ruthie searched for the switch to trun out the lights but couldn`t. What was funny was - there was no light switch. The lights are controlled by the production crew. It was some time before Ruthie caught on but took it in good part.

The next morning, Jordan suggested Russell should do an initiation test. The others agreed and Russell was told he had to sing. He began singing "Oh what a beautiful morning" and the other celebs joined in on the chorus. A nice moment wich saw them bonding.

With no trial nor Coin Challenge, there wasn`t much in the way of activity [except repeats of previous trials] but I still enjoyed hearing some, but not all the stories, and the footage mentioned above.

Looking forward to tomorrow night when the trial returns with Barbaric which the girls have to do.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 47 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A fair amount of criticism on the FB I'm a Celeb group about it being a 'repeat'.

ITV did issue this info.

Brand new for 2020, ITV has confirmed Saturdays will consist of weekly "round-ups" featuring "the very best camp action" and "unseen footage".

It will be a round up of the week's action instead of a regular episode.

The weekly episode will showcase “the very best of the camp action from that week including unseen footage”, ITV has confirmed.

This is due to the I'm A Celeb Extra Camp on ITV2 no longer being a feature of this years show.

I actually enjoyed it. We did see a lot of unseen footage with other camp mates who don't get a lot of airtime during the week, having their say.

Hollie was explaining to Vernon how she manages with her disability.

We've now seen Russell sing, so it's about time we saw AJ teach people to dance.

Back to normal tomorrow and looking forward to the trial.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sunday

So tonight back to the live shows. Ant and Dec made a joke about all the negative comments about last nights catch up show.

The Knights(men) who won the challenge, dined on a roast lamb dinner followed by apple crumble.

The girls dined on rice and beans.

The public have chosen a camp leader. What a surprise it's Jordan. He chose Victoria as his deputy.

They both chose camp mates for various tasks. Not listing them all rofl (although Shane was pleased he wasn't chosen to empty the privy!

Coin challenge tonight was Vernon and Russell. A spelling challenge which involved scrabbling about in slime. Question was what percentage of men and women felt topless bathing was acceptable in the UK. They won and chose jammie dodgers as a treat. Personally I think the men who dined so well should have given theirs to the women....

The girls went off to do the  challenge Barbaric. It involved being chained to bars which they had to unlock, (the keys dropped with slime and fish guts) Once released after finding the right key, they had to run to a box, put hands inside to unscrew 2 stars per box. Needless to say in each box were snakes and frogs and all sorts of other critters!!

The meal was pigeon and it looked awful. I felt the mood in the camp is dropping a lot.

Jesssica and AJ were chosen for the next trial The Harmoury....

At last, two different people doing the trials.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 159

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the write up on tonight`s show @Cleoriff 

No real surprise that Jordan was voted Camp Leader - but wouldn`t be my choice. I don`t get why he chose Vic as his deputy when others gave him support and encouragement during his trials.

I thought the girls Bar-baric trial was tough and deserved more than pigeon for getting 10 stars. Many described the pigeon as flying rats and despite the best efforts of Jessie and Mo in preparing and cooking it, none seemed to enjoy it and, as @Cleoriff said, the meal looked awful.

I was pleased to see AJ and Jessica are facing the trail tomorrow rather than one of the "usual" celebs.

Remains to be seen whether Jordan and Vicky - as leader and deputy - can lift the mood and spirit in the camp.

Looking forward to tomorrow`s show and what surprises might be in store...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 50 of 159