Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I`m A Celebrity 2020

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here is to start tomorrow - Sunday 15 November - on ITV.

Instead of being located in Australia, this - the 20th I`m A Celeb - will be located at Gwrych Castle, Abergele, Wales.

The show will be hosted, as usual, by Ant and Dec.

The celebrities taking part will be:

[info from Digitalspy - https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a32374654/im-a-celebrity-2020-cast-start-date/

Sir Mo Farah

i’m a celebrity 2020, sir mo farah cbe
Olympic gold medallist.

Mo says: "It will be nice for people to see me doing something other than running."

When asked what he would miss the most while in the celebrity camp, he named "coffee", his wife and his children.

Vernon Kay

i’m a celebrity 2020, vernon kay
TV presenter and husband of Strictly Come Dancing's Tess Daly.

Vernon thinks that he'll be the "person to keep spirits up" while in the camp, and admits that he'll miss his family most.

Jessica Plummer

i’m a celebrity 2020, jessica plummer
Former EastEnders actor.

In terms of her fears, Jessica points to "arachnophobia" a "fear of heights" and "just about every phobia".

"It will be nice for people to see me for who I am rather than my EastEnders character," she said.

Victoria Derbyshire

i’m a celebrity 2020, victoria derbyshire
Journalist and TV presenter

"I am not a fan of spiders or confined spaces and I don't know what I am going to be like when I get there," she said.

Beverley Callard

i’m a celebrity 2020, beverley callard
Coronation Street star.

"People think I am glamorous as I have played Liz for so long but I am not," she said of her iconic on-screen character.

She's most scared of "ghosts and insects" and will miss her dogs and her husband the most.

Giovanna Fletcher

i’m a celebrity 2020, giovanna fletcher
Author, blogger and wife of McFly singer Tom.

Giovanna has a fear of heights and admits that her legs "go wobbly".

She believes that her role in camp will be "Mum, friend and the giver of hugs".

AJ Pritchard

i’m a celebrity 2020, aj pritchard
Former Strictly Come Dancing professional.

"People see me with sparkles and fake tan but nobody knows what I am like," he said.

His dream campmate would be "any celebrity with an intriguing background".

Shane Richie

i’m a celebrity 2020, shane richie
Actor, comedian and EastEnders star.

Shane's fear is "human faeces", apparently. "If I see one, it is over! I am hoping the camp toilet will be enclosed."

Hollie Arnold

i’m a celebrity 2020, hollie arnold
Paralympic gold medallist.

Hollie thinks her role in camp will be the "cook" or a "shoulder to cry on".

Her dream camp mate would be Michelle Keegan, and she'll miss her "boyfriend, food and cats" the most.

Jordan North

i’m a celebrity 2020, jordan north
BBC Radio 1 DJ.

"It's just easier to say what I am not scared of. I have so many phobias," he said.

Jordan also thinks that in camp he'll be the "entertainer" and the "tidy up person".

Any other members of the Community going to be watching?

What are your thoughts on the line-up ? the re-location? 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 159
158 REPLIES 158

Anonymous
Not applicable
And.....?
Message 141 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
And.....?

@Mi-Amigois doing write up tonight @Anonymous ...

Let's just say we will both be very happy. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 142 of 159

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Friday - The Final

The show opened with Ant & Dec joking about the winner getting a huge cheque and then produced giant-size chques with £0 on it.

Flashback to yesterday with Shane leaving and celebs reflecting on finalists.

Then each of the three remaining finalists each did a trial on their own.

Vernon - Table of Torment. Strapped by hands and feet to table. Had to last 10 mins. Every 2 mins gained star for camp, total of 5 stars - first = starter for camp; next = drink; last something for self. Vernon covered in rotten fruit and veg and 10,000 maggots; then crickets and 11,000 cockroaches, during which Vernon hummed; then 5,000 earthworms and 30 millipieds on legs; then giant mealworms and locusts; hummed Jingle Bells; lastly 40 whip scorpions dropped on his face. Vernon did it and said he wanted a cup of tea as his drink.

G - Frightening Feast = eating trial. 5 dishes - first three mail meal; next = drink; last = personal choice. first - fermented duck egg; G joked "more protein than the crab the other night"; second - cow`s nose; third - fish eye; fourth - sheep`s testicle; G said it smelt lamy, Ant & Dec sang "It`s Albout Chew"; fifth bull`s ******. G completed trial with Ant & Dec joking that it was the longest trial ever and too 17 mins.

Jordan - Iron Maiden = locked in cabinet with face visible, snakes continuously added, duration test for 10 mins. To keep his mind off the snakes, Jordan chatted and made small talk with Ant and Dec about watching them on SMTV, their book, Xmas plans, and did his Happy Place, Turf Moor routine. Completed it.

I thought the trial were hard. Vernon looked uncomfortable; G`s eating challenge looked vile; and Jordan conquered his fear. Some of the chat and comments was funny.

Then went to break, after which celebrity in Third Place would be announced

THIRD PLACE - the shock of the night. The celebrity with the fewest votes and 3rd this year is Vernon.

Chat with Vernon, recap of his time in castle, he chose Jordan to be winner.

Meal in camp [last night before Vernon voted off]. In nice setting. G - bruschetta; Vernon - chicken; Jordan - corned beef hash. Drinks. Sweet. and Vernon got his pot of tea.

After break, celebs talked about Jordan and G in camp and joined Ant and Dec live via Skype.

12 million votes cast since last night...

The winner was announced -

Giovanni is the first Queen of the Castle !!!!!!!!! Mexican Wave

Brilliant!!! I`m so so happy. The right person won.

I`d like to thank the other I`m A Celeb fans - @Cleoriff and @gmarkj ; and @Anonymous , @jonsie and @ComaChameleon for your comments.

And a special thank you to @Cleoriff for the excellent write-ups and keeping us informed of comments on the show`s fanbase on FB.

I loved every minute of the show. It was funny ad amusing; emotional; and entertaining.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 143 of 159

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Brilliant write up as usual @Mi-Amigo 

I'm also delighted Giovanna won (although FB I'm a Celeb fans are coming to 'virtual' blows) rofl

I've really enjoyed the show and so pleased that despite the odds and Covid 19, ITV managed to bring us a show this year.

So that's it folks.

Queen of the Castle Giovanna. Damn good job heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 144 of 159

Anonymous
Not applicable

and I didn't even have to watch it!

Message 145 of 159

Ulverstonian
  • 39 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We stopped watching I'm a celebrity years ago we got bored of the same old trials and saying who when the so called celebrities were announced, we decided to give this one a try as we knew most of them and we are glad we did, our money was on Jordan but to be honest we didn't care which of the final three won they all deserved to win.

Message 146 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's a show I never miss @Ulverstonian 

Brings a lot of light relief to an otherwise dull and dreary November.

Wasn't sure how it would work in the castle but they did damn well to bring us any type of show at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 147 of 159

Ulverstonian
  • 39 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I preferred it in the castle the talking portrait was quite creepy they should do the next one from there. 

Message 148 of 159

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Great write up @Mi-Amigo.
Could have been either of the last two for me.
Did laugh when Ant & Dec were saying about how long Giovanna took to do her trial!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 149 of 159

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for coming and joining us on this thread @Ulverstonian 

I`ve been a fan of the show from the very start when Tony Blackburn won and was crowned King of the Jungle.

I agree with you. The castle worked really well. There were fresh and better Coin Challenges and trials, and found it funny, interesting comments among campmates, and entertaining. And, as I said, was so pleased G won.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 150 of 159