Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'll be off from Wed 14 - Fri 23rd October

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys! Hope you're having a good week so far!

I just wanted to let you know that I'll be moving house soon and will be taking some time off for the actual move as well as some repairs/decoration at the new house. So excited! smile

From tomorrow, Wed 14 October until Friday 23rd October, I will not be around the community much as I will be packing final bits and pieces, moving furniture, ripping off carpet and putting in new flooring, painting walls etc... and getting the cats used to their new home hopefully without stressing them out.

If you need the community team for something, @Martin-O2 and @LukasB will be here. Smiley Happy 

Sorry for missing some quizzes again @Mi-Amigo !

Have you guys done any DIY decorating by any chance? I do remember reading about some projects some of you have mentioned working on in the past. Wish me luck, painting I think will be easy, but flooring could be a (fun?) challenge. I've checked out some YouTube tutorials and I think I have a pretty good idea of what to do. sweat_smile Let me know if you have any wisdom/tips to share. pray

Tools

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I see @Marjo has popped back this morning...

Welcome back @Marjo 

Hope you enjoyed your break and got everything done which you planned on doing.

My advice is get a coffee, kick off your shoes, put your feet up, and ease youself gently back into work and leave @Martin-O2 and @LukasB to get on with things yahoo - but don`t tell them I said that - I don`t want to get into trouble...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 18

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey hey hey @Mi-Amigo so rude joy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been thinking about you @Marjo along with Arthur and Drake your cats slight_smile

Message 13 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Looks like she didn't miss out then.
Message 14 of 18

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys! Yes @Mi-Amigo I'm back from today. slight_smile

It was a busy "holiday" - physically exhausted from all the flooring and painting work now but pleased with progress. Even my fingers are hurting! I didn't quite finish all the floors so will continue that in the evenings and this weekend when I get some energy back and hopefully done by the end of the week. We'll see...

@jonsie Thanks grin It was pretty exhausting but I suppose mentally relaxing as I could just concentrate on one thing at a time, no massive multitasking. I learned some new DIY skills! thumbsup

@Anonymous @Cleoriff Arthur and Drake send their hellos (meows)! They've settled in fine after the initial moving shock (a lot of hiding and cowering took place for the first couple of days). The house makes random noises (heating, pipes, old fridge, old floorboards etc) so they still get startled a bit sometimes.

@viridis Glad I didn't miss out! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance 

@gmarkj Thanks for the reminder to "measure measure and measure" - it was of help to keep in mind. It went ok so far apart from a few instances where I accidentally cut the wrong end/side of the floor board... also accidentally pulled out the whole indoor landing threshold piece that sits under the main door so need to re-attach it somehow. LOL

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you obviously enjoyed the busy time you had away from the community. We missed you slight_smile Glad you are back and that Arthur & Drake are settling in xx 🐈🐈
Message 16 of 18

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Quick update on the cats settling in. I've noticed they are sharing the new cat tree whereas in the old flat Arthur always shoved Drake away from "his" tree. I think the added space is making them less competitive/territorial which is great to see. I've also observed less squabbling. Cat Cat 

Message 17 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

That's excellent news @Marjo  heart Must be great with more space for them cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 18