Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 Pro Whats in the Box?

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anybody know what comes in the box of the Huawei P20 Pro? Does it come with a silicone case?

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 are a law unto themselves as to what stays in or is removed from the box. I'm not sure if any other networks have decided to remove stuff then put them into stock to make even more money by fleecing the customer. I don't believe a word about saving the planet.

https://www.o2.co.uk/thinkbig/planet/sustainable-products-and-services/charger-out-of-the-box

Message 11 of 41

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well they better not take the charger out of my box, I don't have a usb-c charger at home. As for cases, the unboxing i just watched had the case inside the cardboard sleeve of the box, with the leaflets.

Message 12 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well I must have been one of the lucky ones as my S8+ I got last April included the charger. I'd have been furious if such a premium phone didn't have the charger for it. But I would have gone to Amazon or Samsung for a charger rather than O2 if the charger hadn't been included.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriffwrote:

@AnonymousI think it was a few years back they stated removing chargers. I caused a real furore on here I can tell you. Problem was people were at risk of buying cheap chargers which are a danger to everyone slight_frown

I can see that being a problem especially with Apple chargers being the price that they are.. not sure about Android chargers tho... they seem to be much of a muchness, but that did get me thinking.. when phones don’t come with chargers.. where do you get them from? Surely there must be some unofficial ones that are safe!!!

I’ve got rechargeable bike lights that come with a cable but no plug.. and nothing is recommended.. so where do you go??

Message 14 of 41

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can only read the reviews and recommendations on  Amazon or go expensive and buy direct from the manufacturer. 

Message 15 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

@Cleoriffwrote:

@AnonymousI think it was a few years back they stated removing chargers. I caused a real furore on here I can tell you. Problem was people were at risk of buying cheap chargers which are a danger to everyone slight_frown

I can see that being a problem especially with Apple chargers being the price that they are.. not sure about Android chargers tho... they seem to be much of a muchness, but that did get me thinking.. when phones don’t come with chargers.. where do you get them from? Surely there must be some unofficial ones that are safe!!!

I wouldn't use an unofficial charger ever @Anonymous. If you are really knowledgeable about chargers then you may know the correct ones to get. However, there are so many cheap chinese replicas which have been proved to not meet BSI standards..so for me it is never worth it. 

When I was nursing I have seen the results of people using the wrong/cheap charger. A whole family of 4 wiped out due to a massive explosion and house fire, caused by using a cheap charger. I have seen life changing electrical burns caused by the same thing.

This was always my concern when they removed chargers from the box. Phone costs a lot so people often will buy a cheap charger from ebay as a cost cutting exercise.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d never use an unofficial charger as it’s too dangerous. I always go manufacturers official one 

Message 17 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I’d never use an unofficial charger as it’s too dangerous. I always go manufacturers official one 

So what about items (maybe not phones) that don’t come with chargers.. where do you go then? If you have a PC or a laptop then I don’t suppose it’s a problem but I don’t.. so for my lights etc.. what do you recommend? 

Message 18 of 41

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

So what about items (maybe not phones) that don’t come with chargers.. where do you go then? If you have a PC or a laptop then I don’t suppose it’s a problem but I don’t.. so for my lights etc.. what do you recommend? 

Personally I would do research online on reputable sites and then source one. At the end of the day you take your chances but by not leaving any device unattended whilst charging you minimalise the risk. 

Message 19 of 41

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
For lights and other low current draw items, the usb cable can be plugged in to your laptop to charge them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 41