cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify the owner of an 02 number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

I have a slightly unusual situation where my 02 iPhone is being used by my now Ex partner.  On the bill (my bill - i am liable to pay it!) i can see alot of activity with another 02 number.  Is there any way that i can legally obtain the name of the account holder?  I have tried a google search but didn't come up with anything.

I know the obvious answer is to ask my ex or to dial the number, but every time i dial it just goes to voicemail.

any ideas gratefully received

thanks

Tom

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

No. It is a protected party under the data protection laws.

As it is your liability you can ask for the phone and more importantly the sim card back. At some point, the other number will ring back and you should have your answer!

BTW, you should be aware that if you are paying the bill through your bank account, there is a high probability that your ex might decide to run up a rather large bill and leave you to pay it as you are the account holder i.e. legally liable for everything. I'd suggest you get the sim card back asap!

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless it's very amicable between yourself and your ex. I'd definitely advise getting your SIM back!!
Message 3 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
With the amount of people who own Facebook accounts with too many details you could try searching that.

Try logging into Facebook with the number and you might get a message saying "firstname/surname" is this you? If you click forgotten password.

Only other way I know it through some grey areas and they're not free.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

data protection act & privacy comes to mind, if you really want to know, just ask them

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Or you could report the phone lost and get the number barred seeing as you are paying the bill?

Message 6 of 6