cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Download Star Wars Battlefront Beta RIGHT NOW

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just like many Star Wars fans I am excited to play Star Wars battlefront, it goes live today at 4pm in the UK but by following my steps you can download and play it right now....to prove it is playable here is my Xbox Profile where you can see 2 screenshots I have taken today

https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/profile?gamerTag=SingingTurnip

Ok so the first thing you want to do is make your Xbox Account believe you are in Australia or Japan, the instructions I will share is for Australia...

1st off you need to go to the following link and choose Australia.
https://store.xbox.com/Shell/ChangeLocale

After that you need to go to this link and you will see that it is now available to download.
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Beta/84dbe98e-302e-4597-9ea7-0082a...

Now switch on your console and head to My Games & Apps and scroll to the right and you will see the game is ready for you to install. Once the install happens return to the 1st link and reselect your country so that the next time you visit the store you will visit your country’s store and not Australia.

You can also do it via your console, and I have given instructions on how to do it here.

I have also been told that you can change the region of your Playstation 4 and get it now too but I am not sure how to do that as I don't own one.

See you in a Galaxy Far Far Away people!!

P.S. I have been told in the past by @Toby that I can post gaming stuff in teh forums but if this is no longer the case then please inform me so I know. Thanks.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Uk beta begins at 16:30
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
That maybe the case officially but I am in the UK and have been playing it early thanks to the steps I posted above.
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really can't make up my mind when it comes to Battlefront.

I've watched gameplay on Twitch and it look very boring to me. The graphics look amazing but the gameplay, maps etc just look terrible.

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then I suggest you check out the Beta, as it's free you have nothing to lose.

If you don't like the maps or mods on offer then you know not to purchase the game on release slight_smile
Message 5 of 23

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i will have to check it out.

being a MASSIVE Battlefield fan, I was really looking forward to Battlefront but feel seriously underwhelmed.

Message 7 of 23

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Well after playing a bit tonight,
I'm 50/50 about it.
Looks amazing, like really amazing but seems the bias is leaning with style over substance.
It played nice and smooth though and I'll have another play tomorrow to get more feel for it.
Message 8 of 23

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for the reminder @Anonymous! I'll give it a go later. MGS5 is however running my gaming life right now haha.

I just finished the Witcher 3 too. One of my games of the year.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122377 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Thanks for the reminder @Anonymous! I'll give it a go later. MGS5 is however running my gaming life right now haha.

I just finished the Witcher 3 too. One of my games of the year.

So...I will ask. What on earth is MGS5 @Toby Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 23